Tactile enhancement is an overall increase in both the intensity of a person's sense of touch and their awareness of the physical sensations across their body. At its highest level, this becomes extreme enough that the exact location and current sensation of every single nerve ending across one's skin can be felt and comprehended all at once. In contrast, throughout normal sober living, most people can only maintain awareness of the tactile sensations which are relevant to their current situation.
This effect can result in tactile sensations such as touching, hugging, kissing, and sex becoming greatly enhanced in terms of the pleasure they induce. However, it can also result in an over-sensitivity of the skin which causes the same sensations to become uncomfortable and overwhelming.
Tactile enhancement is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as spontaneous bodily sensations and physical euphoria. It is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, it can also occur under the influence of stimulants, cannabinoids, and certain dissociatives.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 15mg 2C-B (oral) - A pleasant low-dose evening with Nexus
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience: 450 Datura seeds - Talking to Ghosts
- Experience:100ug 1P-LSD - A Fear and loathing into Bliss
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:1g of stars and love
- Experience:2 tabs DOB - My DOB Nightmare
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:25mg - A labyrinth of organs and a storybook walk
- Experience:3.5g psilocybe cubensis - Relinquishing of Material Chains/Fear and Desolation
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:337mg DMT fumurate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:3g mimosa / 2g syrian rue - I was the Universe's prophet
- Experience:4.5g - The Grand Introduction to Beauty and Fear
- Experience:40mg + Syrian Rue (unknown dosage) - My one bad trip
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:7500mg - Analysis of gabapentin
- Experience:75mg 3-FMA - Perfect Blend of Euphoria and Functionality
- Experience:BK-2C-B - Various experiences
- Experience:Nutmeg (8 teaspoons) - My Mom Introduces Me To Genesis and Other Things
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects
- Deliriants - Subjective effects