Autonomous entities can be described as the experience of perceived contact with beings which appear to be sentient and autonomous in their behaviour. These entities can manifest within both external and internal hallucinations.
Autonomous entities will frequently act as the inhabitants of a perceived independent reality. Although many entities seem largely unaware of a person’s presence they are often precognizant of a person's appearance into their realm and usually choose to interact with them in various ways. The behaviour of a typical entity can vary wildly and seems to depend heavily on one's current emotional state. For example, while many entities will act as loving beings, teachers, or healers in certain contexts they are equally capable of acting as indifferent, uncaring or even as malicious tormentors.
Entities can take any form but subconscious archetypes are present and commonly include:
Humans, shadow people, bodiless super intelligent humanoids, aliens, elves, animals, giant spheres, insectoids, beings of light, anthropomorphic beings, plants, conscious inanimate objects, fictional characters, cartoons, robotic machines, gods, demigods, goddesses, bio-mechanical intelligences, hooded figures, demons, indescribable monstrosities, spirits, angels, shamans, ghosts, souls, ancestors, fantastical or mythological beasts, glitch creatures and more.
This experience is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as geometry, internal hallucinations and delusions. It is most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of hallucinogenic compounds, such as psychedelics, dissociatives, and deliriants. However, it can also occur under the influence of stimulant psychosis, sleep deprivation, and during dreams.
There are several distinct personality types of autonomous entity which one may potentially encounter. They are often perceived to represent a particular subsection of a person’s own consciousness and can be identified primarily through their personality, but also their appearance. These individual types are broken down into three separate categories below:
- Representations of general concepts - This personality type can be described as a seemingly sentient representation of any known concept. This will usually adopt an appropriate personality and set of mannerisms to fit the chosen concept with an impressive degree of detail. For example, the specific concept could include other people that the person has met throughout their life, specific fictional characters or symbolic representations of concepts such as abstract ideas, emotions, or key parts of one's own personality.
- Representations of the self - This personality type can be described as a copy of one's own personality. It can take any visible form but when conversed with it clearly adopts an identical vocabulary and set of mannerisms to one's own consciousness.
- Representations of the subconscious - This personality type can be described as an entity which may take any visible form, but is also subjectively perceived to be an autonomous controller behind the continuous generation of the details of the person’s current hallucinations. They may also be felt to simultaneously control or manage one's current perspective, personality, and internally stored model of reality. When interacted with, this category of entity can often possess abilities which allow them to directly alter and manipulate one's current experiences. They commonly want to teach or guide the person and will operate under the assumption that they know what is best for them. However, it cannot be known whether this hallucination is genuinely a representation of the subconscious or is merely an approximation which behaves in a convincing manner.
Autonomous entities can communicate with a person via a combination of spoken word, “telepathy”, conceptual thoughts, mathematics, and geometry-based visual linguistics which generally consists of morphing colored structures of different textures that are innately understandable as representations of specific concepts. They will often convey insights regarding overcoming personal issues within a person’s life and will occasionally help clarify philosophical or spiritual ideas. However, more often than not entities are very likely to speak in a cryptic or nonsensical manner which seems to have no clear meaning behind it.
It is important to note that autonomous entities can never convey novel information to the person experiencing them. For example, they cannot provide insights about the external world which a person did not already know on some level. Instead, they can only provide alternative perspectives and help build upon existing ideas. This is presumably because autonomous entities do not have access to any knowledge which is not already contained within one's conscious or subconscious memories.
When communicated with through spoken word, the level of coherency in which these entities can communicate with is highly variable but can be broken down into four distinct levels. These are described and listed below:
- Silence - At the lowest level, the effect can be described as a complete unresponsiveness from the entity and a lack of speech despite their presence within the hallucination.
- Partially defined incoherent speech - At this level, the effect can be described as linguistic conversational responses and noises which almost sound like words but do not contain any real content or meaning beyond a vague sense of emotional intent.
- Fully defined incoherent speech - At this level, the effect can be described as audible linguistic conversational responses and noises which contain fully defined and understandable words, but often lack grammatical structure or an overall sense of general coherency.
- Partially defined coherent speech - At this level, the effect can be described as linguistic conversational responses which contain fully defined and understandable words with a partially defined grammatical structure and general coherency. It conveys its point on a level which is frequently coherent, but may not always be fully understandable and will sometimes descend into broken English or even gibberish.
- Fully defined coherent speech - At the highest level, the effect can be described as linguistic conversational responses which contain understandable words and fully defined grammatical sentence structures. It has an overall sense of general coherency which conveys its point in a level of detail that is genuinely on par with that of a person’s own intellect.
Alpha Centauri by Luke Brown538 × 640
Cosmic Christ by Alex Grey768 × 1,024
Namaste 3D by Luke Brown256 × 375
Jerrestrial detail by Luke Brown616 × 892
Maitreya by Luke Brown485 × 750
Tryptamine Alien by James L Kent580 × 484
Id-Aliunde by Beau Deeley1,600 × 1,257
Apotheosis by Luke Brown630 × 1,124
Namaste (Trifoliata Mystica) by Luke Brown562 × 783
Baphomet by Luke Brown800 × 1,236
Untitled by Anonymous1,280 × 1,022
Sophia by Alex Grey500 × 667
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience:1000mg / 1200mg / 1400mg / 1600mg - heroic doses
- Experience:1064mgs - Fascinating DXM experience - Unusual effects
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:2.5g Mushrooms + 500mg DMT
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:20x Extract - a tall humanoid figure wearing a white cloak
- Experience:25mg (insufflated) - Simultaneously amazing and horrible
- Experience:25mg DMT - Your wall can't save you
- Experience:26mg - I begged the shroom aliens to kill me
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 50g Mimosa Hostilis - I was trying to engage in sexual intercourse with the personification of Ayahuasca
- Experience:300µg - Don't worry, because you're everyone!
- Experience:30mg (smoked) DMT - The Monolith
- Experience:35mg 2C-P - Asymmetrical Terror and the Geometric Sea
- Experience:3g Syrian Rue + 5g Acacia Confusa - Life Changing Madness
- Experience:40mg (smoked) - The planet became a watermelon
- Experience:40mg - Second breakthrough
- Experience:40x Extract - Bastard Wizard and his miserable little witch
- Experience:50mg (approx.)/ Marijuana - Geometric Angels
- Experience:50mg - Truth
- Experience:700mg Diphenhydramine trip
- Experience:750mg - Experiencing Void; Dissociation Of Reality And Self
- Experience:DMT: 200mg 1/5 changa - Bad yet glorious trip
- Experience:My DOB Nightmare
- Experience:Sleep paralysis hallucinations
- Experience:Unknown dosage (smoked) - It felt like I was on rails the whole time
- Experience:Unknown dosage - An omniscient sphere
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tab DOC - Psychedelia Turned Into Stimulant Psychosis
- Dream characters
- Sleep deprivation
- Shadow people
- Sleep paralysis
- Stimulant psychosis
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Deliriants - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects