Perspective distortions can be described as subtle to drastic changes in the size and distance attributed either to a person’s body, to specific parts of the external environment or to the external environment as a whole.
When affecting distance, perspective distortions can make things seem as if they are physically closer or further away than they usually would be. For example, this can range from a subtle experience such as the other side of the room feeling marginally further away than it usually would be or it can be an extreme experience such as feeling as if the horizon is right in front of you. Perspective distortions are distinct from perspective alterations because alterations follow a more specific out of body-like experience, though both can manifest at the same time.
When affecting size, perspective distortions can make things seem as if they are physically smaller or larger in terms of the sense of size that one would usually attribute to them. For example, this can range from a subtle experience such as the the room feeling marginally smaller and more cramped than it usually would be or it can be an extreme experience such as feeling as if the room is hundreds of miles wide or even infinitely huge.
Feelings of suddenly having an impossibly giant or tiny body are also a very common manifestation of this effect. This feeling is already known by the scientific literature as “Alice in Wonderland Syndrome” where it is seen as a temporary condition often associated with migraines, brain tumours and the use of psychoactive drugs. The effect can either be specifically attributed to the body as a whole or certain parts of it. For example, feelings of having a huge head or tiny limbs are entirely possible.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
- ... further results
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience:1000 Morning Glory seeds - Rediscovering the Self
- Experience:1000mg / 1200mg / 1400mg / 1600mg - heroic doses
- Experience:200 mg of MXP + N2O:20 chargers
- Experience:25mg (insufflated) - Simultaneously amazing and horrible
- Experience:354mg DXM, weed, nicotine - Descending into the void
- Experience:40mg - Brothermind and the Forest's Hand
- Experience:420mg - 3-MEO-PCMo trip report
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:700mg - To the dextroverse.
- Experience:750mg - Experiencing Void; Dissociation Of Reality And Self
- Experience:Finding myself within the forest
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 3 tabs - Ego death and a total break through in the snow