Sedation can be defined as the experience of decreased agitation, sensory input, and alertness which occurs under the influence of certain drugs. Depending on the level of intensity, it results in feelings of general relaxation and a loss of energy. This effect differs itself from sleepiness outright for its physical over mental effect.
In terms of response to sensory input, sedation can broken down into four separate levels which are defined below:
- Minimal sedation - At this level, one will respond normally to verbal/tactile stimuli despite feeling a little sedated.
- Moderate sedation - At this level, one will respond to verbal/tactile stimulation only if it is particularly prominent or above usual noise levels.
- Deep sedation - At this level, one will respond only to repeated or painful stimulation.
- General anesthesia - At this level, one is unarousable even with repeated painful stimulus.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
- Dextromethorphan & Diphenhydramine
- ... further results
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience:1000mg / 1200mg / 1400mg / 1600mg - heroic doses
- Experience:1000mgs of U4700 over 8 days - A harmful substance
- Experience:1g of stars and love
- Experience:2000mg/20 seeds – A pleasant adventure with a harsh body load
- Experience:20mg - High Weight, No Effects
- Experience:20mg Etizolam - Smoking Etizolam
- Experience:20mg Heroin - The Last Time I Shot Up
- Experience:225mg Pregabalin +Cannabis -Bliss and Serenity; a hedonistic evening
- Experience:25mg (insufflated) - Simultaneously amazing and horrible
- Experience:25mg - A labyrinth of organs and a storybook walk
- Experience:25mg Deschloroketamine - My first time orally dosing DCK
- Experience:2g Syrian rue + 1g Mimosa Hostilis - These voices are the building blocks of consciousness
- Experience:2mg Etizolam & N20 - "Hippy Crack" Indeed
- Experience:3-MeO-PCP, LSD, Clonazolam, and Amphetamine - Excessive Amounts and Excessive Confusion
- Experience:3mg Etizolam - A Comedown Drug
- Experience:420mg - 3-MEO-PCMo trip report
- Experience:450(Seeds)-Talking to Ghosts
- Experience:50mg - Diphenidine ride
- Experience:550mg-My First Time on DPH
- Experience:60mg Zolpidem - A Delirious Adventure
- Experience:700mg - Joining the 700 club
- Experience:8 teaspoons, My Mom Introduces Me To Genesis and Other Things
- Experience:DXM and Cannabis: 100mg - Unexpected Strong Trip
- Experience:Datura and nicotine smoked - 4 and ~15 hits; was actually quite pleasant
- Experience:Mushrooms and Snuff Films -- Trip Report (3.5 grams)