An auditory enhancement is the experience of an increase or improvement of the acuteness and clarity of sound. This can result in the person becoming extremely aware of all sounds around them with the perception of an enhanced ability to comprehend multiple layers of sound and to better identify their direction and location.
The most common manifestation of this effect is a greatly enhanced appreciation of music. This can allow people the experience of listening to songs in a level of detail that is unparalleled during everyday sober living.
Auditory enhancements are often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as auditory distortion and auditory hallucinations. They are most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, they can also occur less commonly under the influence of stimulants, cannabinoids, and dissociatives.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience:1 hit LSD (unknown dosage) - Choose Asia
- Experience:100 mg- Actually Lifechanging
- Experience:1000 Morning Glory seeds - Rediscovering the Self
- Experience:110mg Diphenidine (vaporized) + 354mg DXM - instant ego death
- Experience:20mg - A profound sense of oneness
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:3-MMC: Weak substitute? No way!
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:40mg + Syrian rue (3g) - My triumphant return
- Experience:550mg-Bugs All Around Me.
- Experience:6g mimosa / 2.5 g syrian rue - Best cake I've had for a while
- Experience:800ug LSD - 3D Vision
- Experience:LSD (230 ug) - An amazing adventure by vikilikepsych
- Experience:LSD (~500μg, sublingual) + Noopept - Mind Reset
- Experience:Mushrooms and Snuff Films -- Trip Report (3.5 grams)
- Experience:Sleep paralysis hallucinations
- Experience:~150mg MDA(oral) - a case of mistaken identity
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Auditory suppression
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects
- Deliriants - Subjective effects
- Juszczak, G. R., Swiergiel, A. H. (1 January 2013). "Recreational Use of D-Lysergamide from the Seeds of Argyreia Nervosa , Ipomoea Tricolor, Ipomoea Violacea, and Ipomoea Purpurea in Poland". Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 45 (1): 79–93. doi:10.1080/02791072.2013.763570. ISSN 0279-1072.