Transformations can be described as the experience of a perceived visual metamorphosis that specific parts of one's external environment undergo as they shapeshift into other objects. For example, people who undergo this effect will often report seeing parts of their environment shifting into completely different things. These transformations have a huge variety of potential artistic styles and differing levels of detail, realism, and animation.
These hallucinations are progressive in nature, which means they form by arising from patterns or objects and then, over a period of seconds, by smoothly drifting the object through a fluid-like motion into an entirely new form. This is significantly enhanced and fueled by the separate visual effect of pattern recognition enhancement. It causes vague stimuli and specific objects to transform into incredibly detailed versions of what they were already perceived as looking similar to.
At lower levels, the process of transformation can require some minimal amount of focus and concentration to sustain. Losing concentration for an instant can cause the image to fade away or shift into another image. Holding the eyes still will usually increase the intensity of the progressive transformation. However, at higher levels, this becomes completely unnecessary.
Transformations are often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as drifting, pattern recognition enhancement and external hallucinations. They are most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, they can also occur under the influence of deliriants such as DPH, datura, and benzydamine.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience:1 hit LSD (unknown dosage) - Choose Asia
- Experience:1000ug / 1 tab - No sense of enlightenment but absolutely breath taking visuals
- Experience:100ug 1P-LSD - A Fear and loathing into Bliss
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:20mg - A profound sense of oneness
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:225ug LSD + 9g cubensis - Galactic Melt and the Meverse
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 30g Mimosa Hostilis brew - flying through a rainbow tunnel
- Experience:3.5g psilocybe cubensis - Relinquishing of Material Chains/Fear and Desolation
- Experience:300µg - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:30mg 4-HO-MiPT - Positively groovy
- Experience:337mg DMT fumurate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:35mg 2C-P - Asymmetrical Terror and the Geometric Sea
- Experience:3g mimosa / 2g syrian rue - I was the Universe's prophet
- Experience:40mg - Brothermind and the Forest's Hand
- Experience:4x 200ug tabs - You do not need to understand
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:50mg (approx.)/ Marijuana - Geometric Angels
- Experience:50mg - Demon faces and déjà vu
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:Meditation with cannabis - terminated ego loss
- Experience:The Psilohuasca Albino Fox
- Experience:Unknown dosage - My experiences with LSD and anorexia/bulemia
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tabs - Prolonged unity and messiah syndrome at school