Transformations are defined as the experience of a perceived visual metamorphosis that specific parts of one's external environment undergo as they shapeshift into other objects. For example, people who undergo this effect will often report seeing parts of their environment shifting into completely different things. These transformations have a huge variety of potential artistic styles and differing levels of detail, realism, and animation.
These hallucinations are progressive in nature, which means they form by arising from patterns or objects and then, over a period of seconds, the object smoothly drifts in a fluid-like motion into an entirely new form. This is significantly enhanced and fueled by the separate visual effect of pattern recognition enhancement. It causes vague stimuli and objects to transform into incredibly detailed versions of what they were already perceived as being.
At lower levels, the process of transformation can require some minimal amount of focus and concentration to sustain and will appear more often in the peripheral field of vision. Losing concentration for an instant can cause the image to fade away or shift into another image. Holding the eyes still will usually increase the intensity of the progressive transformation. However, at higher levels, this becomes completely unnecessary.
It is worth noting that the content, style, and general behaviour of a transformation is often largely dependent on the emotional state of the person experiencing it. For example, a person who is emotionally stable and generally happy will usually be more prone to experiencing neutral and interesting transformations. In contrast, however, a person who is emotionally unstable and generally unhappy will usually be more prone to experiencing sinister and fear-inducing transformations which have the potential to exacerbate even more the negative feelings.
Transformations are often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as drifting, pattern recognition enhancement and external hallucinations. They are most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, they can also occur under the influence of deliriants such as DPH, datura, and benzydamine.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: LSD (Unknown dosage) - My experiences with LSD and anorexia/bulemia
- Experience:1 hit LSD (unknown dosage) - Choose Asia
- Experience:1000ug / 1 tab - No sense of enlightenment but absolutely breath taking visuals
- Experience:100ug 1P-LSD - A Fear and loathing into Bliss
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:2 grams Psilocybe Cubensis + 2.7 grams Syrian Rue - The Psilohuasca Albino Fox
- Experience:20mg - A profound sense of oneness
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:225ug LSD + 9g cubensis - Galactic Melt and the Meverse
- Experience:2C-P (approx. 35mg) - Asymmetrical Terror and the Geometric Sea
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 30g Mimosa Hostilis brew - flying through a rainbow tunnel
- Experience:3.5g psilocybe cubensis - Relinquishing of Material Chains/Fear and Desolation
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:30mg 4-HO-MiPT - Positively groovy
- Experience:337mg DMT fumarate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:3g mimosa / 2g syrian rue - I was the Universe's prophet
- Experience:40mg - Brothermind and the Forest's Hand
- Experience:4x 200ug tabs - You do not need to understand
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:50mg - Demon faces and déjà vu
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:DMT (~50mg) + Cannabis - Geometric Angels
- Experience:Meditation with cannabis - terminated ego loss
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tabs - Prolonged unity and messiah syndrome at school