Language suppression can be described as a decreased ability to use and understand speech. This creates the feeling of finding it difficult or even impossible to vocalize one's own thoughts and to process the speech of others. However, the ability to speak and to process the speech of others does necessarily become suppressed simultaneously. For example, a person may find themselves unable to formulate a coherent sentence while still being able to perfectly understand the speech of others.
Language suppression is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as analysis suppression and thought deceleration. It is most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of antipsychotic compounds, such as quetiapine, haloperidol, and risperidone. However, it can also occur in a less consistent form under the influence of extremely heavy dosages of hallucinogenic compounds such as psychedelics, dissociatives, cannabinoids, and deliriants. This is far more likely to occur when the person is inexperienced with that particular hallucinogen.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 550mg DPH - My First Time on DPH
- Experience: 6mg:DOC - Carpet shop hell
- Experience:1000 Morning Glory seeds - Rediscovering the Self
- Experience:10mg & 20mg Intravenous DPT HCl - Familiar Shapes, Experiencing Death, Immersed in The Light
- Experience:120µg LSD - First Bad Acid Trip, Psychosis
- Experience:2 tabs DOB - My DOB Nightmare
- Experience:2.5g Syrian rue + 6g Mimosa Hostilis - Becoming God (my second experience with unity)
- Experience:2.5g Syrian rue + 6g Mimosa Hostilis - My first experience with unity
- Experience:20x Extract - a tall humanoid figure wearing a white cloak
- Experience:225ug LSD + 9g cubensis - Galactic Melt and the Meverse
- Experience:2mg 25C-NBOMe - Experimental trip to test personal limits of NBOMes
- Experience:2mg Etizolam - Here be dragons
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 10g Mimosa Hostilis
- Experience:300µg ETH-LAD - Turned Inside Out
- Experience:4-HO-MiPT / A care free psychedelic getaway
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:60mg Zolpidem - A Delirious Adventure
- Experience:700mg - Joining the 700 club
- Experience:700mg - To the dextroverse.
- Experience:700mg Diphenhydramine trip
- Experience:7500mg - Analysis of gabapentin
- Experience:800 seeds LSA - My First Trip Ever
- Experience:DXM and Cannabis: 100mg - Unexpected Strong Trip
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects
- Deliriants - Subjective effects