|Summary sheet: Lauflumide|
|Common names||Flmodafinil, Flodafinil, Fluoromodafinil, Bisfluoromodafinil|
|Routes of Administration|
Lauflumide (also known as CRL-40,940 or commonly as Flmodafinil) is a eugeroic substance of the benzyhydryl chemical class that produces wakefulness and stimulation when administered. It is structurally similar to modafinil, which is used to enhance cognition, reduce fatigue, and increase alertness.
In medicine, eugeroic compounds are used in the treatment of certain sleeping disorders, such as excessive daytime sleepiness and narcolepsy. The prototypical and most widely used eugeroic is modafinil. Both modafinil and its enantiopure formulation, armodafinil, have been found to act as selective, weak, atypical dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Unlike traditional stimulants such as amphetamine or methylphenidate, eugeroics are considered to have a low addictive and abuse potential.
Lauflumide is a synthetic molecule of the benzhydryl chemical class. Benzhydryl compounds are comprised of two benzene rings attached to a single carbon molecule. Lauflumide is classified as a sulphinyl benzhydryl molecule, as it also contains a sulphinyl group, a sulfur molecule double-bonded to an oxygen molecule, attached to the carbon of the benzhydryl group. From this sulfur group at R2, an acetamide group is bound at its free carbon through a carbonyl group to a terminal amine group. Lauflumide is structurally analogous to fluorafinil, another benzhydryl eugeroic.
?? is Lauflumide also a racemat? no literature on that ??
?? can Modafinil/Pharmacology be used here? it would be an interesting base for research ??
Lauflumide is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. It has a lower affinity for DAT receptors than modafinil.
In comparison to traditional stimulants such as amphetamine, methylphenidate or cocaine, this compound produces an experience which is far less forceful, recreational and euphoric. It instead focuses on general wakefulness and motivation enhancement. Disclaimer: The effects listed below cite the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), a literature which relies on collected anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely with higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the user's physical energy levels, lauflumide is commonly considered to be stimulating and energetic. It is considered as much less stimulating when compared to amphetamine, but more stimulating that modafinil. The particular style of stimulation which lauflumide presents can result in jaw clenching, teeth grinding, or other involuntary movements comparable to that of traditional stimulants at higher doses, but are manifested much less consistently and intensely when compared to amphetamine or cocaine.
- Appetite suppression - The above components are also accompanied by a suppression of appetite which is usually less intense in strength in comparison to the appetite suppression experienced with traditional stimulants like amphetamine or methylphenidate.
- Dehydration - Dehydration and dry mouth commonly occur and is exacerbated due to an increase in motivation to engage in physical activities as well as an increased sense of focus which causes one to forget to drink water.
- Headaches - In terms of physical discomfort, Lauflumide can cause headaches especially if dehydrated, if you have not eaten food, or if you have been sitting in an awkward position for an extended period of time focused intensely on a task.
- Increased heart rate
- Body odor alteration - Lauflumide can leave a very distinct smell of sulfur in one's urine. This is likely because Lauflumide, being a member of the sulphinyl benzhydryl chemical class, contains sulfur in its chemical makeup.
- Pupil dilation - Although uncommon, lauflumide can cause a temporary visual intolerance to light.
- Photophobia - Although uncommon, lauflumide can cause a temporary visual intolerance to light.
- Focus enhancement
- Thought acceleration
- Memory enhancement
- Motivation enhancement
- Euphoria - Euphoria is commonly reported on lauflumide
- Time distortion
- Emotion enhancement or Emotion suppression
- Increased music appreciation - While Lauflumide is capable of producing this effect, it does not do so as reliably as it does with traditional stimulants or entactogens.
Toxicity and harm potential
The long-term safety and effectiveness of Lauflumide as a drug of regular usage have not been determined.
Anecdotal reports from those who have tried lauflumide suggest that there do not seem to be any negative health effects attributed to simply trying this substance at low to moderate doses by itself and using it sparingly (but nothing can be completely guaranteed).
It is worth noting, however, that as this compound is a commonly prescribed pharmaceutical, it is considerably less likely to have unpredictable adverse health effects than the typical research chemical. Nevertheless, it is strongly recommended that one use harm reduction practices if choosing to use this substance.
The LD50 of lauflumide is higher than 1024 mg/kg in mice.
Tolerance and addiction potential
Lauflumide has been reported to have some addiction potential
Tolerance to many of the effects of Lauflumide has been reported to develop after a short time (1-2 weeks) of consistent use.
Although many psychoactive substances are reasonably safe to use on their own, they can quickly become dangerous or even life-threatening when combined with other substances. The list below includes some known dangerous combinations (although it cannot be guaranteed to include all of them). Independent research (e.g. Google, DuckDuckGo) should always be conducted to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe to consume. Some interactions listed have been sourced from TripSit.
- 25x-NBOMe & 25x-NBOH - Members of the 25x family are highly stimulating and physically straining. Combinations with stimulants should be avoided due to the risk of excessive stimulation. This can result in panic attacks, thought loops, seizures, increased blood pressure, vasoconstriction, and heart failure in extreme cases.
- Alcohol - Alcohol can be dangerous to combine with stimulants due to the risk of accidental over-intoxication. Stimulants mask the sedative effects of alcohol, which is the main factor people use to assess their degree of intoxication. Once the stimulant wears off, the depressant effects of alcohol are left unopposed, which can result in blackouts and respiratory depression. If combined, one should strictly limit themselves to only drinking a certain amount of alcohol per hour.
- DXM - Combinations with DXM should be handled with extreme care due to DXM's effects on serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake. This can lead to panic attacks, hypertensive crisis, or serotonin syndrome with stimulants that increase levels of serotonin (MDMA, methylone, mephedrone, etc.). Monitor blood pressure carefully and avoid strenuous physical activity.
- MDMA - The neurotoxic effects of MDMA may be increased when combined with other stimulants. There is also a risk of excessive heart strain.
- MXE - Combinations with MXE may dangerously elevate blood pressure and increase the risk of psychosis.
- Stimulants - Lauflumide can be potentially dangerous in combination with other stimulants as they can increase one's heart rate and blood pressure to dangerous levels.
- Cocaine - This combination may increase strain on the heart.
- Tramadol - Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold. Combinations with stimulants may further increase this risk.
- MDMA - The neurotoxic effects of MDMA may be increased when combined with other stimulants.
- MAOIs - This combination may increase the amount of neurotransmitters such as dopamine to dangerous or even fatal levels. Examples include syrian rue, banisteriopsis caapi, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7, αMT, and some antidepressants.
This legality section is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
?? add text that Lauflumide is non scheduled globally ??
- ??: ?? Not aware of any country having made it illegal, need research ??
- "Provigil: Prescribing information" (PDF). United States Food and Drug Administration. Cephalon, Inc. January 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Nuvigil: Prescribing information" (PDF). United States Food and Drug Administration. Cephalon, Inc. April 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Udert, K. M., Larsen, T. A., & Gujer, W. (2006). Fate of major compounds in source-separated urine. Water Science and Technology, 54(11–12), 413–420. https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.2006.921
- Pharmacotherapy for excessive daytime sleepiness | http://www.smrv-journal.com/article/S1087-0792(04)00024-3/abstract
- Talaie, H., Panahandeh, R., Fayaznouri, M. R., Asadi, Z., & Abdollahi, M. (2009). Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 5(2), 63-67. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03161089
- Gillman, P. K. (2005). Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 95(4), 434-441. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aei210