List of polysubstance combinations
Poly drug use refers to the use of two or more psychoactive drugs in combination to achieve a particular effect. In many cases one drug is used as a base or primary drug, with additional drugs to leaven or compensate for the side effects of the primary drug and make the experience more enjoyable with drug synergy effects, or to supplement for primary drug when supply is low.
A study among treatment admissions found that it is more common for younger people to report polydrug drug use.
|Drug 1||Drug 2||Drug 3||Poly drug name||Intoxication name||Comment|
|Any drug||Black tar heroin||Whoonga||Widespread use in South Africa|
|Any drug||Cannabis||Amp joint||Marihuana cigarette laced with some form of narcotic|
|Any drug||Nicotine||Cooler||A cigarette laced with a drug|
|Any depressant||Any stimulant||Over and under|
|Any pharmaceutical||Any pharmaceutical||Polypharmacy. Pharming|
|Any synthetic opioid||Any opioid||Gray death|
|8-chlorotheophylline||Diphenhydramine||Nonproprietary name: Dimenhydrinate. Street slang: drama, dime" dime tabs, D-Q, substance D, d-house, and drams.||Dramatizing or "going a dime a dozen", a reference to the amount of Dramamine tablets generally necessary for a trip.|
|Alcohol||Caffeine||Caffeinated alcoholic drink|
|Alcohol||Cannabis||Herb and Al||Cross fading|
|Alcohol||Cocaine||Snow-coning||Metabolized into a cocaethylene|
|Banisteriopsis caapi||β-Carbolines containing plants (eg Peagnum harmala)||Ayahuasca, changa|
|Caffeine||Methamphetamine||Biker's coffee, Ya ba|
|Cannabis||Crack-cocaine||Crack weed (less known: champagne, chronic, cocktail, dirty joint, fry daddy, gimmie, gremmies, juice joint, lace, oolies, p dog, primo, splitting, thirty eight, turbo, wollie, yeola)||Cocoa puffs|
|Cannabis||Heroin||Atom bomb, stuff|
|Cannabis||Heroin or opium||A-bomb|
|Cannabis||PCP||Killer weed (less known: clickums, donk, dust blunt, illies, illing, leak, love leaf, lovelies, parsley, zoom)|
|Cannabis||Nicotine||Blunt, joint, spliff||Stoned||A rolled marijuana cigarette usually made with rolling paper. A blunt is a cigar hollowed out and filled with marijuana. It is rolled with the tobacco-leaf "wrapper" from an inexpensive cigar. Blunts take their name from Phillies Blunt brand cigars.|
|THC||CBD||Nonproprietary name: Nabiximols|
|Cocaine||Heroin||Snowball, murder one, whiz bang||Snowballing|
|Cocaine||Heroin||Nicotine||flamethrower, primos||Cigarette laced with cocaine and heroin|
|Cocaine||Heroin or morphine||Speedball, powerball||Speedballing, powerballing||Speedballing, powerballing is often used to describe intravenous use. The term can also be applied to use of pharmaceutical opioids, benzodiazepines or barbiturates along with stimulants.|
|Cocaine||LSD||Cracid (or outer limits)|
|Cocaine||Morphine||C & M|
|Codeine||Glutethimide||Pancakes and syrups||Combination of glutethimide and codeine cough syrup|
|Codeine||Promethazine||Medicines: Kefei and Procodin. Street slang: Lean, also known as purple drank, and oil. Less known as: sizzurp, lean, syrup, drank, barre, purple jelly, Texas tea, dirty Sprite, and Tsikuni)|
|Crack-cocaine||Heroin||Chocolate rock, dragon rock, eightball, moonrock, smoking gun, tar|
|Crack-cocaine||PCP||Nicotine||Ozone||PCP and crack cigarette|
|Crack-cocaine||PCP||Missile basing, P-funk, space basing, spaceball, space cadet, space dust, tragic magic|
|Crack-cocaine||Nicotine||Coolie, crimmie, woolas||A cigarette laced with crack|
|DXM||Psilocybin or psilocybin mushroom||Cherry-bombing|
|Hashish||Atropa belladonna||Alamout Black Hash||Mixed|
|Hashish||LSD||Royal Temple Ball||The hashish is mixed with LSD and rolled into a ball intended for oral use, because LSD cannot be smoked.|
|Heroin||Morphine||New Jack swing|
|LSD||Psilocybin or psilocybin mushroom||God's flesh|
|MDMA||2C-B||Nexus flip, honey flip||Nexus flipping, honey flipping|
|MDMA||2C-E||Sparkle flip||Sparkle flipping|
|MDMA||2C-I||Science flip||Science flipping|
|MDMA||2C-T-7||Lucky flip||Lucky flipping|
|MDMA||Alcohol||Tipsy flip||Tipsy flipping|
|MDMA||Cocaine||Sugar flip||Sugar flipping|
|MDMA||Cocaine||LSD||Candy-flip on a string||Candy-flipping on a string|
|MDMA||DMT||Shaman flip, time flip||Shaman flipping, time flipping|
|MDMA||DXM||Robo flip||Robo flipping|
|MDMA||GHB||Gamma flip||Gamma flipping|
|MDMA||Ketamine||Kitty flip||Kitty flipping|
|MDMA||Ketamine||GHB||EKG. The "E" is for Ecstasy.|
|MDMA||LSD||Candy flip||Candy flipping|
|MDMA||LSD||Psilocybin or psilocybin mushroom||Jedi flip, twilight flip||Jedi flipping, twilight flipping|
|MDMA||MDEA||Adam and Eve|
|MDMA||Mescaline or psychedelic cactus||Love flip||Love flipping|
|MDMA||Methadone||Chocolate flip||Chocolate flipping|
|MDMA||Methamphetamine||Trailer flip||Trailer flipping|
|MDMA||Opiates||Poppy flip||Poppy flipping|
|MDMA||PCP||Elephant flip||Elephant flipping|
|MDMA||Psilocybin or psilocybin mushroom||Hippy flip, flower flip)||Hippy flipping, flower flipping|
|MDMA||Psilocybin or psilocybin mushroom||Cocaine||Flower flip on a string, hippie flip on a string||Flower flipping on a string, hippie flipping on a string|
|MDMA||Sildenafil||Sextasy (or hammerheading)|
|MDMA||DPH||Nightmare flip||Nightmare flipping|
2C-B + ketamine
- "Taking Ketamine while on 2C-B has produced some absolutely spectacular experiences. I've used this combination some 30-40 times and have never failed to hit the mark." "Another important benefit of combining Ketamine with 2C-B is that recall of the experience is significantly increased. Visiting this realm of cosmic fun and knowledge but coming back with only the faintest recollection of what one's experienced can be frustrating, and leave one feeling that something is missing. Such was a common feeling with much of my early Ketamine experimentation. But since I began using Ketamine with 2C-B, I find I can now access my memory at any time, and recall in a fair amount of detail many exotic and fascinating experiences."
- "One problem I find with Ketamine is that the experience is difficult to bring back and reintegrate with routine reality. Memory of the experience is even difficult. Within hours after coming back, 99% of the experience is inaccessible to my current conscious mind. The Ketamme experience is so bizarre and otherworldly that a normal mind can't even conceive of experiencing in this manner. It feels as though some part of the mind protectively closes off access to the dimensions experienced on Ketamine. I've recently found a method that is proving effective at solving this problem. This is to take Ketamine while already high on 2C-B. This seems to provide a "bridge" between the ego or identity, and a state that is ego-less and without limitations." "I've found Ketamine to combine best with 2C-B This produces an enhanced K journey as well as reducing the negative effects during the recovery period. Limited experimentation with some rare synthetic phenethylamines, including 2CT7, 2CT2, and DOB, have also produced good results. I find no enhancement of the K journey when combining it with ecstasy, however, this does reduce the discomfort of the recovery period. Combining K with LSD produces an enhanced K journey, however the recovery period can be a serious drag."
2C-B + MDMA
2C-B combined with MDMA is known as nexus flipping or honey flipping.
Alexander Shulgin: "Many of the reports that have come in over the years have mentioned the combination of MDMA and 2C-B. The most successful reports have followed a program in which the two drugs are not used at the same time, nor even too closely spaced. It appears that the optimum time for the 2C-B is at, or just before, the final baseline recovery of the MDMA. It is as if the mental and emotional discoveries can be mobilized, and something done about them. This combination has several enthusiastic advocates in the psychotherapy world, and should be the basis of careful research when these materials become legal, and accepted by the medical community."
The combos in this section is used to list cut drugs, drugs used to incapacitate victims, or even kill people. Never use them!
- Poly drug use (Wikipedia)
- Erowid: Drug Slang & Terminology Vault
- Drug slang: what police must learn A to B - 3,000 slang words and phrases associated with illegal drugs
- Recreational Drug Wiki: Polydrug Terms
- Subreddit Drugs: DAE wonder what are the names of the different mdma flips?
- Shulgin Index, p811
- "Polydrug Use Among Treatment Admissions: 1998." OAS Home: Alcohol, Tobacco & Drug Abuse and Mental Health Data from SAMHSA, Office of Applied Studies. Web. 29 Sept. 2011. 
- Copping, Jasper (8 November 2009). "Drug slang: what police must learn A to B".
- "The Dangers of Dimenhydrinate Abuse". Bright Hub. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Dramamine". Grasscity forums. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Erowid Online Books : "The Essential Psychedelic Guide" - Psychedelic Reality". erowid.org.
- "Erowid Online Books : "The Essential Psychedelic Guide" - Ketamine". erowid.org.