|Summary sheet: Hexedrone|
|Routes of Administration|
Little is known about toxicity, addiction, and abuse potential of hexedrone. Due to its novelty and extremely short history of human usage, all information related to the use of this compound should be treated with caution.
Hexedrone is a cathinone, which is closely related to amphetamines, but have a ß-substituted ketone group as well. Relative to regular cathinone, which can be found in the Khat plant, hexedrone consists of two added substitutions. At the R2 position, a n-Butyl substitution forms a hexan chain. The second substitution is a Methyl group, that's attached to the amine (R4), thus forming N-Methyl.
Due to the lack of research regarding the substance, all discussion regarding the pharmacology of it is purely based upon its structure and subjective effect similarities to other cathinones such as pentedrone and others. Hexedrone most likely acts as both a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. This allows dopamine and norepinephrine to build up within the brain, resulting in stimulating and euphoric effects.
The decreased potency, compared to both pentedrone as well as ethyl-hexedrone can be easily explained. Compared to pentedrone, there is a larger non-polar side chain. Ethyl-hexedrone has an ethyl group, instead of a methyl, which results in a significantly shifted electronegativity.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Spontaneous tactile sensations - High doses of hexedrone result in a pleasurable body high characterized by pleasant tingling.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the user's physical energy levels, hexedrone can be considered to be extremely stimulating and energetic.
- Dehydration - Dry mouth and increased sweating can occur after consuming hexedrone. Low doses of the substance in question cause minimal dehydration.
- Vasoconstriction - Hexedrone can be considered slightly vasoconstricting.
- Tactile enhancement
- Increased heart rate
- Increased perspiration
- Appetite suppression
- Focus enhancement
- Temporary erectile dysfunction
- Increased blood pressure
- Teeth grinding - This component can be considered to be less intense when compared with that of MDMA.
- The effects which occur during the offset of a stimulant experience generally feel negative and uncomfortable in comparison to the effects which occurred during its peak. This is often referred to as a "comedown" and occurs because of neurotransmitter depletion. Its effects commonly include:
Toxicity and harm potential
Since hexedrone has been insufficiently studied and most data consists of speculation and user experiences, one should be especially cautious when it comes to the risks and harm this substance may pose, especially in terms of seriouslong-term health hazards.
It is strongly recommended that one use harm reduction practices when using this drug.
Tolerance and addiction potential
As with other stimulants, the chronic use of Hexedrone can be considered moderately addictive with a high potential for abuse and is capable of causing psychological dependence among certain users. When addiction has developed, cravings and withdrawal effects may occur if a person suddenly stops their usage.
Tolerance to many of the effects of hexedrone develops with prolonged and repeated use. This results in users having to administer increasingly large doses to achieve the same effects. After that, it takes about 3 - 7 days for the tolerance to be reduced to half and 1 - 2 weeks to be back at baseline (in the absence of further consumption). Hexedrone presents cross-tolerance with all dopaminergic stimulants, meaning that after the consumption of Hexedrone all stimulants will have a reduced effect.
This legality section is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
- Brazil: On September 7, 2018, all Cathinone analogues are controlled substances considered illegal to possess, use and distribute. This was made possible due to a blanket ban law appended to Portaria SVS/MS nº 344.
- Germany: Hexedrone is controlled under the NpSG (New Psychoactive Substances Act) as of November 26, 2016. Production and import with the aim to place it on the market, administration to another person and trading is punishable. Possession is illegal but not penalized.
- United Kingdom: Hexedrone is a Class B drug in the United Kingdom as a result of the cathinone catch-all clause.
This article does not cite enough references.
You can help by adding some.
- New blanket ban on synthetic illegal drugs is approved (Portuguese) | http://portal.anvisa.gov.br/noticias/-/asset_publisher/FXrpx9qY7FbU/content/combate-a-drogas-ilicitas-sinteticas-fica-mais-facil
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- United Kingdom. (2010). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 2010/1207). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved February 9, 2018, from https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1207/made