Tactile hallucinations or somatic hallucinations can be described as the experience of perceiving physical sensations which are not actually occurring within reality. Common examples of these can include hallucinating the feeling of people or insects touching the body in various places and in a wide variety of ways. Alternatively, these hallucinations can be felt as complex and structured arrangements of vibration across the skin.
This effect may also be accompanied by visual hallucinations. For example, during internal and external hallucinations a person may have the perception that they are able to feel imagined objects or be touched by autonomous entities in a similar manner to that of ordinary dreams. The sensations that are possible within these hallucinations could be almost anything and can even include pain or sexual pleasure.
Tactile hallucinations are most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of deliriant compounds, such as DPH, datura, and benzydamine. However, they can also occur to a lesser extent under the influence of psychedelics, stimulant psychosis and extreme sleep deprivation.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 550mg DPH - My First Time on DPH
- Experience:2 x 150 LSD tabs
- Experience:25mg (insufflated) - Simultaneously amazing and horrible
- Experience:2mg Etizolam & N20 - "Hippy Crack" Indeed
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 30g Mimosa Hostilis brew - flying through a rainbow tunnel
- Experience:300µg - Don't worry, because you're everyone!
- Experience:300µg - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:337mg DMT fumurate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:40x Extract - Bastard Wizard and his miserable little witch
- Experience:420mg - 3-MEO-PCMo trip report
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:50mg - Demon faces and déjà vu
- Experience:6g mimosa / 2.5 g syrian rue - Best cake I've had for a while
- Experience:700mg Diphenhydramine trip
- Experience:Meditation with cannabis - terminated ego loss
- Experience:Results of Experiment by Isopropanol
- Experience:Unknown Dosages: 1 psilocin chocolate, 1 hit LSD; Lawing the Mown
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tab DOC - Psychedelia Turned Into Stimulant Psychosis
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Deliriants - Subjective effects
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects