A tactile hallucination is the experience of perceiving a convincing physical sensation which is not actually occurring. Common examples of this can include people or insects touching the body in various places and in a wide variety of ways. Alternatively, these hallucinations can be felt as complex and structured arrangements of vibration across the skin.
This effect may be also accompanied by visual hallucinations of a plausible cause of the sensation. For example, during internal and external hallucinations one may be able to touch and feel imagined objects or autonomous entities just as convincingly as within normal everyday dreams. The sensations that are possible within these hallucinations are near limitless and can even include pain or sexual pleasure.
Tactile hallucinations are most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of deliriant compounds, such as DPH, datura, and benzydamine. However, they can also occur to a lesser extent under the influence of psychedelics, stimulant psychosis and extreme sleep deprivation.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 550mg DPH - My First Time on DPH
- Experience:2 x 150 LSD tabs
- Experience:25mg (insufflated) - Simultaneously amazing and horrible
- Experience:2mg Etizolam & N20 - "Hippy Crack" Indeed
- Experience:3.5g Syrian rue + 30g Mimosa Hostilis brew - flying through a rainbow tunnel
- Experience:300µg AL-LAD - Don't worry, because you're everyone!
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:337mg DMT fumurate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:40x Extract - Bastard Wizard and his miserable little witch
- Experience:420mg - 3-MEO-PCMo trip report
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:50mg - Demon faces and déjà vu
- Experience:6g mimosa / 2.5 g syrian rue - Best cake I've had for a while
- Experience:700mg Diphenhydramine trip
- Experience:Datura & DPH - Results of Experiment by Isopropanol
- Experience:Meditation with cannabis - terminated ego loss
- Experience:Unknown Dosages: 1 psilocin chocolate, 1 hit LSD; Lawing the Mown
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tab DOC - Psychedelia Turned Into Stimulant Psychosis
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Deliriants - Subjective effects
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects
- Tactile hallucinations: conceptual and historical aspects | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC491362/
- Tactile hallucinations: conceptual and historical aspects | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19521636
- Delusory Parasitosis by Nancy C. Hinkle | https://web.archive.org/web/20121021033308/http://www.ent.uga.edu/pubs/delusory.pdf
- Tactile hallucinations with repetitive movements following low-dose cocaine: implications for cocaine reinforcement and sensitization: case report. (ncbi) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23414508