|Summary sheet: 5-MeO-DALT|
|Molecular structure of 5-MeO-DALT|
|Common names||5-MeO-DALT, Foxtrot|
|Routes of Administration|
5-Methoxy-N,N-diallyl-tryptamine (also known as 5-MeO-DALT or colloquially as Foxtrot) is a novel psychedelic substance of the tryptamine chemical class. It was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. It is chemically related to the compounds 5-MeO-DPT and DALT. It is described as having rapid, intense and short-acting psychedelic effects.
Alexander Shulgin sent the first material regarding the synthesis and effects of 5-MeO-DALT to a researcher in May 2004; afterwards, it soon circulated online. In June 2004, it became available through the use of online research chemical vendors. In August 2004, the synthesis and effects of 5-MeO-DALT were published by Erowid.
- 1 Chemistry
- 2 Pharmacology
- 3 Subjective effects
- 4 Toxicity and harm potential
- 5 Legal status
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
5-MeO-DALT is named for its chemical structure 5-MethOxy-DiALlylTryptamine. It contains two allyl groups bound to the amino group and a 5-methoxy group bound to the indole ring of tryptamine. It is a structural analog of DALT and 5-MeO-DPT. At room temperature, 5-MeO-DALT is an off-white powder.
5-MeO-DALT acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
The effects listed below are based upon the subjective effects index and personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. The listed effects should be taken with a grain of salt and will rarely (if ever) occur all at once, but heavier doses will increase the chances and are more likely to induce a full range of effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include injury or death.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of 5-MeO-DALT can be described as a motionless, constant, sharp and all-encompassing tingling sensation. This maintains a consistent presence that steadily rises with the come up and hits its limit once the peak has been reached.
- Tactile enhancement
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Pupil dilation
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as simplistic, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic in style.
- Colour shifting
- Symmetrical texture repetition
The visual geometry that is present throughout the experience can be described as more similar in appearance to that of AMT than that of LSD, 2C-B or 2C-I. It can be comprehensively described as unstructured in its organization, synthetic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, small in size, slow and smooth in motion, colourful in scheme, glossy in colour, equally blurred and sharp in its edges and equally rounded and angular in its corners. It possesses a synthetic feel that is less impressive than most of the "classical" psychedelics at any level. It has yet to be confirmed whether this compound results in either level 8A or level 8B geometry at heavy doses.
- The headspace of 5-MeO-DALT is described by many as one which is both insightful and relatively normal in its thought processes even at moderate to high doses.
There are currently no anecdotal reports which describe the effects of this compound within our experience index. Additional experience reports can be found here:
Toxicity and harm potential
This toxicity and harm potential section is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or even dangerously wrong information. You can help by expanding upon or correcting it.
The toxicity and long-term health effects of recreational 5-MeO-DALT use do not seem to have been studied in any scientific context and the exact toxic dose is unknown. This is because 5-MeO-DALT is a research chemical with very little history of human usage. Anecdotal evidence from people within the psychonaut community who have tried 5-MeO-DALT suggests that there are no negative health effects attributed to simply trying the drug by itself at low to moderate doses and using it very sparingly (but nothing can be completely guaranteed). Independent research should always be done to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe before consumption. It is strongly recommended that one use harm reduction practices when using this drug.
Tolerance and addiction potential
5-MeO-DALT is not habit-forming and the desire to use it can actually decrease with use. It is most often self-regulating.
Tolerance to the effects of 5-MeO-DALT are built almost immediately after ingestion. After that, it takes about 3 days for the tolerance to be reduced to half and 7 days to be back at baseline (in the absence of further consumption). 5-MeO-DALT presents cross-tolerance with all psychedelics, meaning that after the consumption of 5-MeO-DALT all psychedelics will have a reduced effect.
- United Kingdom - 5-MeO-DALT is a Class A drug in the UK as it is an ether of the drug 5-HO-DALT, which is a Class A drug as a result of the tryptamine catch-all clause.
- Japan - 5-MeO-DALT became a controlled substance in Japan in April 2007 due to an amendment to the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law.
- Sweden - 5-MeO-DALT is a Schedule I substance in Sweden as of May 1, 2012. It was published by Medical Products Agency in their regulation LVFS 2012:6.
- United States - 5-MeO-DALT is unscheduled in the United States. It may be considered an analogue of 5-MeO-DiPT, a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act. As such, the sale for human consumption or the use for illicit non-medical or industrial intents and purposes could be prosecuted as crimes under the Federal Analogue Act.
- Florida - 5-MeO-DALT is a Schedule I controlled substance in the state of Florida, making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess.
- China - As of October 2015 5-MeO-DALT is a controlled substance in China.
- 5-MeO-DALT (Wikipedia)
- 5-MeO-DALT (Erowid Vault)
- 5-MeO-DALT (Isomer Design)
- Drugs Forum 5-MeO-DALT thread
- UK Chemical Research 5-MeO-DALT thread
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I/paragraph/3
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
- "厚生労働省：平成１8年度無承認無許可医薬品等買上調査の結果について". Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- Florida Statutes - Chapter 893 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.