|Summary sheet: Alimemazine|
Alimemazine, also known as trimeprazine, is a phenothiazine derivative that acts as an antihistamine, a sedative, and an antiemetic. Alimemazine is used principally as an antiemetic to prevent motion sickness or as an antihistamine in combination with other medications in cough and cold preparations.
It is commonly prescribed for the treatment of anxiety disorders, organic mood disorders, sleep disturbances, somatoform autonomic dysfunction and several neuroses
and is also used as a sedative for young children before an operation.
|Common names||Trimeprazine, Nedeltran, Panectyl, Repeltin, Therafene, Theraligene, Theralen, Theralene, Vallergan, Vanectyl, and Temaril|
|Routes of Administration|
History and culture
This History and culture section is a stub.
As a result, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
|This subjective effects section is a stub.|
As such, it is still in progress and may contain incomplete or wrong information.
You can help by expanding or correcting it.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below cite the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), a research literature based on anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be regarded with a healthy degree of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a predictable or reliable manner, although higher doses are more liable to induce the full spectrum of effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely with higher doses and may include addiction, serious injury, or death.
- Sedation - Alimemazine causes a very pronounced sedation and a general feeling of slowness, this effect is normally considerably stronger than most antihistamines and can be comparable to that of benzodiazepines in higher dosages.
- Physical euphoria
- Increased heart rate and increased blood pressure
- Abnormal heartbeat - This effect is rare.
- Nausea suppression - Alimemazine is used to treat motion sickness or nausea.
- Anxiety suppression - Alimemazine is commonly sold for anxiety disorders and panic disorders due to it's fast onset in liquid form.
- Euphoria - Usually, Alimemazine causes minimal euphoria normally only in anxious individuals.
- Delusions of sobriety - This is the false belief that one is perfectly sober despite obvious evidence to the contrary such as severe cognitive impairment and an inability to fully communicate with others. This effect can last up to 48 hours after ingestion.
- Sleepiness - Feelings of physical exhaustion and tiredness is a very pronounced effect of Alimemazine. The substance is therefore used to treat insomnia and abnormal sleep cycles.
- Confusion - This effect is less pronounced then that of other antihistamines such as Diphenhydramine and Promethazine.
- Dream potentiation
There are currently 0 experience reports which describe the effects of this substance in our experience index.
Additional experience reports can be found here:
Toxicity and harm potential
This toxicity and harm potential section is a stub.
As a result, it may contain incomplete or even dangerously wrong information. You can help by expanding upon or correcting it.
It is strongly recommended that one use harm reduction practices when using this substance.
Tolerance and addiction potential
This dangerous interactions section is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or invalid information. You can help by expanding upon or correcting it.
Although many psychoactive substances are reasonably safe to use on their own, they can suddenly become dangerous or even life-threatening when combined with other substances. The following list includes some known dangerous combinations (although it is not guaranteed to include all of them). Independent research (e.g. Google, DuckDuckGo) should always be conducted to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe to consume. Some of the listed interactions have been sourced from TripSit.
This legality section is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
(List along order below)
- SUBSTANCE (Wikipedia)
- SUBSTANCE (Erowid Vault)
- SUBSTANCE ([PiHKAL or TiHKAL] / Isomer Design)
- APA formatted reference
Please see the citation formatting guide if you need assistance properly formatting citations.