Project C-PSY (abbreviated from "Project Classical Psychedelics") is a Special Content Project (SCP) intended to overhaul and standardize the substance pages for all the "classical" serotonergic psychedelics, particularly those that are being allowed to be studied again in the field of psychedelic drug research since their prohibition in the 1960s.
For this project, we have decided to start by covering the pages for "classic" psychedelics due to the sheer amount of history behind them and amount of research that has been conducted on their properties. The goal is to both improve these pages as well as to begin to develop PsychonautWiki's own style and formatting guidelines through trial-and-error and dialectic with the community.
Note: Please do not be afraid to reach out if you want to contribute. If you have any questions regarding this project, feel free to message the project leads or the other admins/scholars of PsychonautWiki.
The purpose of Project C-PSY is to create a new streamlined template for the information that is presented on the pages for the so-called "Classical Psychedelic" pages on PsychonautWiki. It is part of a larger site initiative of overhauling a number of substance pages on the site, many of which are either poorly sourced, overly generic, or not adequately standardized to reflect the evolving standards of PsychonautWiki as an accessible harm reduction and substance education platform.
- Create new page standards and information templates designed at balancing informational value, accuracy, and accessibility to the reader.
- Increase the overall scientific and academic rigor and validity of the site by citing appropriately and developing a signature style and language.
- Think of novel ways to make the content available on our pages readily understandable to the userbase from the perspective of harm reduction.
- Clarity - This user is the creator and co-lead of this SCP and is responsible for its oversight and completion.
- ExistingEntity - This user is a co-lead of this SCP and is responsible for helping in its standardization, edit correcting and completion.
How to Participate
- Stay up to date and help develop our CSGS.
- Add relevant cited content. Note: Please try to keep things as simple as possible.
- De-wikipedia-ripping and rewriting certain parts of the page (including reference links) in accordance with PsychonautWiki's CSGS and standard guidelines.
- Fixing citations (this can be done by just taking the citation's DOI number and googling a citation program that will automatically format it into basic APA)
- Find and insert missing citations (APA formatted as shown above)
- Add relevant literature sections (you can copy and modify from the section on the LSD or "serotonergic psychedelic" page, but feel free remove irrelevant or to insert relevant substance-specific papers as well)
- Example: Passie, T., Halpern, J. H., Stichtenoth, D. O., Emrich, H. M., & Hintzen, A. (2008). The Pharmacology of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide: A Review, 14, 295–314. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1755-5949.2008.00059.x -- with opening and closing reference tags before and after.
Listed by general priority below:
To be focused on after the first six pages have been adequately overhauled and approved.