This page has not been fully approved by the PsychonautWiki administrators.
This article is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
|Summary sheet: LAE-32
|d-Lysergic acid ethylamide
|Routes of Administration
Lysergic acid ethylamide (also known as LAE-32, LAE, and d-ethyllysergamide) is a lesser-known psychedelic substance of the lysergamide class. It is one of the least known and least researched psychedelic substances.
History and culture
This History and culture section is a stub.
As a result, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
The CIA and Project MKULTRA Findings
LAE-32 was experimented with by the CIA as part of Project MKULTRA. It was reported to create a condition similar to that of schizophrenia in mentally healthy individuals, characterized by indifference and depersonalization. While it was reported that, when used on schizophrenics, it created a condition that allowed the patients to become indifferent to their hallucinations and cease hallucinatory excitation.
LAE-32, or d-lysergic acid ethylamide, is a semisynthetic substance of the lysergamide family.
Its chemical structure consists of a bicyclic hexahydroindole ring fused to a bicyclic quinoline group (lysergic acid). At carbon 8 of the quinoline an N, generally N-ethyl carboxamide is bound, LAE-32 is additionally substituted at carbon 6 with a methyl group.
LAE-32 most likely acts by binding to serotonin receptors in the brain. It may, like LSD, bind to dopamine receptors as well.
The subjective effects of LAE-32 are reportedly mainly sedating and depersonalizing, creating a state of indifference in users.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below cite the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), an open research literature based on anecdotal user reports and the personal analyses of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be viewed with a healthy degree of skepticism.
It is also worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a predictable or reliable manner, although higher doses are more liable to induce the full spectrum of effects. Likewise, adverse effects become increasingly likely with higher doses and may include addiction, severe injury, or death ☠.
Warning: Many psychoactive substances that are reasonably safe to use on their own can suddenly become dangerous and even life-threatening when combined with certain other substances. The following list provides some known dangerous interactions (although it is not guaranteed to include all of them).
Always conduct independent research (e.g. Google, DuckDuckGo, PubMed) to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe to consume. Some of the listed interactions have been sourced from TripSit.
- Cannabis - Cannabis has an unexpectedly strong and somewhat unpredictable synergy with psychedelics. Extreme caution is advised when using this combination as it can significantly increase the chances of a negative psychological reaction like anxiety, confusion and psychosis. Users are advised to start off with only a fraction of their usual cannabis dose and take long breaks between hits to avoid over intake.
- Amphetamines & Cocaine - Stimulants increase anxiety levels and the risk of thought loops which can lead to negative experiences.
- Tramadol - Tramadol is well known to lower seizure threshold and psychedelics also cause occasional seizures.
LAE-32 is not explicitly illegal in any nation, but it is possibly illegal to possess in the United States for purposes of consumption due to the Federal Analog Act.
- LAE-32 (Wikipedia)
- Project MKULTRA: LSD and LAE-32 (Imgur images of declassified CIA MKULTRA documents)
- LAE-32 (TiHKAL / Isomer Design)