Enhancement and suppression cycles
Enhancement and suppression cycles is defined as an effect which results in two opposite states of mind that do not occur simultaneously but instead swap between each other at seemingly random intervals. These intervals are generally 10-30 minutes in length but can occasionally be considerably shorter.
The first of these two alternate states can be described as the experience of cognitive enhancements which feel is if they drastically improve the person's ability to think clearly. This includes analysis enhancement, thought organization, thought acceleration, creativity enhancement, and thought connectivity.
The second of these two alternate states can be described as the experience of a range of cognitive suppressions which feel as if they drastically inhibit the person's ability to think clearly. These typically include specific effects such as thought deceleration, thought disorganization, creativity suppression, language suppression, and analysis suppression.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Annectdotal reports which describe this effect with our experience index include:
- Experience: 5-EAPB (60mg) + 2-FMA (20mg) + 4-AcO-DMT (10mg) - Emotional catharsis
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:Mushrooms and Snuff Films -- Trip Report (3.5 grams)
- Experience:~150mg MDA(oral) - a case of mistaken identity
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Deliriants - Subjective effects
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects