This page has not been fully approved by the PsychonautWiki administrators.
This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
- Insuffulation, also known as snorting, is the practice of "sniffing" a powdered pharmaceutical or recreational substance through a snorting implement such as a straw, hollow pen tube, or other object so that the powder lands on the nasal membranes and is absorbed into the blood.
This practice is most notably done with cocaine, but can be done with other substances.
- If harm occurs, get immediate medical attention based on the severity.
A Little Warning
Snorting may cause nosebleeds if done incorrectly. Get some papertowels if needed.
One Will Need
- Decongestant (Oxymetazoline works good.) It is not recommended to use oxymetazoline with other vasoconstricting agents due to the risk of strokes or extremely high blood pressure.
- Tissues to blow the nose with.
- Some clean water in a clean spray bottle that has not been used to store harsh chemicals.
- The substance
- Thin straw and scissors
- Crushing surface and or tool.
Why Would One Snort?
Snorting makes it so the drug is absorbed by the nasal membranes and transported directly to the blood. What this does is decrease the onset and total time while compromising for potency.
How One Would Snort
Snorting is a practice that is done safely with these following rules.
Selecting the Sniffer
- Read all instructions before using the guide
- 1. Take a snorting implement. To begin, a simple thin straw about 4-6 inches long will do good. It is not advised to use McDonald's straws. They will deliver the drug way too fast and it will hurt hardcore, especially if it goes into the back too far (or potentially into the lungs) and causes the mixture of snot and drug to drip down the throat...lovely. Doesn't taste good, causes a massive throatache, and wastes the product. If one were to snort using a McDonald's straw anyway and then immediately regret it (it will happen), imagine Ronald McDonald squirting hydrochloric acid up the nose while choking a child to death on McNuggets to introduce some humor into the situation of the nose burning like hell to lighten the mood up. Also, just use a thin straw. It really is the best tool. One would look like a cliché-loving idiot if using bills, plus they're hard to assemble correctly, plus the powder of choice will probably have some left behind in the bill. Oh, also, bills are dirty as hell, which brings me to say; wash the tool first and after each use, also, do not share it with anyone. A long pen tube is also ok, but that's not a good idea because it's less efficient and takes more time to prepare. If you think this is way too long a guide for just snorting, number one, get ready for the rest, and number two, your lines will probably be too long to snort right as well. Conclusion of this paragraph? Use a thin straw and save away the hassle.
- Don't Let Other People See It
- 1a. Ok, this should be self-explanatory, but one likely doesn't want to get caught using illegal or prescription drugs. Therefore, one should not let this straw in a place where other people or even worse, authorities, will see it, like a car's glove box. Especially if that straw is cut down. They'll search the car and analyze the straw with excitement like a maid with OCD cleans a mansion and throw the suspect in the slammer faster than a guy with the munchies throws pizza rolls into his microwave. Even more god damn worse, if the end is blunted out. They'll just practically shoot-on-sight. If one were to be very stupid and still wouldn't care, just like when the user eventually let Ronald McDonald squirt acid up his or her nose, at least rinse it out with alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and water. Yes, all three. For..."safety." If you still want to keep it in a public place and not wash it, at least make it a pen tube that you can redisguise into a pen. Will work for normal people, but probably not authorities. Conclusion of this paragraph? Don't be stupid with letting people see it.
Selecting the Surface
- 2. With the straw aside, take a flat surface. Make sure it is not porous (small holes in it that powder may fall in to; it's very hard to clean and wasteful.) Good examples include the hardcover of a college textbook that costed the user's first born son, a mirror (don't push too hard if breaking a pill, obviously), or a desk. Conclusion? Nonporous and hard things are good for snorting/crushing off/on.
Selecting the Crush Tool
- 3. Third, if one is crushing a pill, take the crushing implement. If one already has powder, like cocaine, skip to step four. My personal favorite crushing tool is the cap of a pop bottle, like a Pepsi. Absolutely make sure that the pill has been crushed into a fine powder. Otherwise, the chunks in one's nose will hurt bad and won't allow one to snort easily. To help with this, take a credit card, (NO, absolutely not a personal driver's license. Hand an officer that and they'll fuck the criminal record harder than the coke will fuck a user up) and roll the card over the powder a few times. A CD can also be used. Conclusion? Use something that will apply a point of pressure to the pill. With bigger/harder pills, use the cap method, but as if one is cutting the pill. (This is gonna send it flying)
- 4. Ok. First, one should apply one spray of decongestant (oxymetazoline 0.05% works good. take caution with drug interactions; oxymetazoline is a vasoconstrictor!) to each nostril, wait one minute, and blow the nose very good. Take a spray bottle that has not previously had a harsh chemical in it with some distilled (ideally) water and set it to a gentle spray. Lightly spray up the nose and blow again. This is to clear snot away from the membranes. Now, arrange the powder into about 2-5 thin, straight lines that are easy to hit and follow. Be sure to alternate nostrils; for example, if one has two lines, one should hit one with left and the other with right. Take the straw and very slowly, as not to poke the nose, (it may help to burn one end with a lighter to blunt it out ((but rinse it in cool water to get the heat out))) place it up the center of the nostril. You should stop when you begin to feel discomfort or pain, and then go backward slightly. Oh, and don't go too far in, plus, align it so the powder will go against and onto your nose. Plug one nostril and secure the straw in the other one. Go down to the powder's level and align the straw at about a 20 to 45 degree angle about 5mm away from the powder, sniffing delicately like you are enjoying the scent of a flower while you go along the line. Take small breaks between lines. If one were to somehow fuck up and get that awful throatache, they should get some ginger ale and ice and slurp on it. If it's a first time, have someone monitor the user or yourself.
Ok, if you have coke, please, for the love of god, make sure it's not cut with benzocaine. That will numb and burn your nose like ass, just like cocaine, but without the fun high. Also, levamisole; if it's in it and you know it's in it, that's not good for your heart or immune system. Benzocaine is a local anesthetic and levamisole is an anti-worm agent.
First, it is not a very good idea for your nose to frequently snort crushed pills, especially with the same nostril and a bastard McDonald's straw, even if they do not seem to hurt it. Pills, as they are intended for oral consumption, contain things called "binders" and other things. Among these inactive ingredients are commonly
- magnesium stearate. Chemically, it is a soap. It is used as an anti-sticking agent.
- talc powder. It is a mineral. Used as a glidant at a concentration that holds the pill together well.
- anhydrous lactose. Anhydrous (without water) lactose is a bulking agent and can be used to add mass or shape to the pills.
- monohydrated lactose. This is similar to lactose.
- sucralose. Usually, pills that contain sucralose are meant for chewing and swallowing. It's not a good idea to snort a pill with sucralose due to the fact that it can irritate the nasal membrane and cause extreme burning.
There can always be more inactive ingredients. Adjust accordingly upon own research. I'm not entirely sure about making stimulants like dexmethylphenidate HCl into a freebase and/or extracting it, but check drugs-forum or something, those bastards will try anything.
Common active ingredients in snorted pills are usually as follows.
- Opioids. - Oxycodone (Roxicodone, Percocet [when with APAP]), hydrocodone (Vicodin when with APAP, Zohydro ER), oxymorphone (Numorphan, Opana), and hydromorphone (Dilaudid) can all come in pill form. Hydro- and oxymorphone, however, have low nasal and oral bioavailability, but I would discourage one from trying to inject the pill contents. Oxy- and hydrocodone usually contain APAP, which may contain a risk. Of course, the nose will thank the user for not snorting pills.
- Stimulants. - Cocaine, methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR, Attenade), amphetamine (Adderall, Evekeo), and caffeine (in coffee, tea, soda, and other drinks. can be bought in powder or in pill form) are all snortable. You can snort lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse), but not to increase potency or decrease duration because it is dextroamphetamine bonded to L-lysine. What this does is make it take longer for the dextroamphetamine to be processed by the body, making snorting lisdexamfetamine almost pointless. Of course, the nose will thank the user for not snorting pills.