Experience:50mg Pregabalin - Surprisingly strong
- Date: 29/01/2017
- Gender: Male
- Weight: 130 lbs / 59 kg
- Age: 17
- Etc: Also consumed 0.4 mg of tamsulosin, which likely had no effect on the subjective effects of the pregabalin
WARNING: Pregabalin (Lyrica) can have severe adverse effects in many individuals, including peripheral edema. DO NOT use this drug at high doses without knowing how you respond to it.
I just started Lyrica for Restless Legs Syndrome and have been trying 50 mg for the past few days to ensure there are no serious side effects.
At around 2200 Eastern Standard Time I consumed 50 mg of Lyrica and about ten minutes later I decided to take a bubble bath. As I waited for the bathtub to fill with water, I listened to some calming music. Maybe ten minutes or so after I got in the bath (at around 2234) I started feeling some effects from the Lyrica. It was hard to characterize, but I felt extremely calm and peaceful, much like a bar of alprazolam without the disinhibition and "out of it" feeling. It was actually rather pleasant. It had no effect on the restless legs, and I was told by my doctor it would take about a week or so to have any effect on it.
I actually felt very sociable and had the strong desire to talk with people. I felt a tad sleepy but it was not overwhelming. All of this felt rather natural, unlike benzodiazepines which have a more forced sedation and have more kick. There was a welcoming albeit very mild euphoria. The calming effect got more and more powerful. Music sounded amazing and I was very into the music I was listening to. I went to bed at around 0056 and fell asleep very quickly and woke up very refreshed.
50 mg of pregabalin (currently only sold under the brand name Lyrica by Pfizer) was much stronger and nicer than I expected. I can definitely see why some psychiatrists prescribe it for anxiety, it was extremely calming without the general head-space of benzodiazepines or barbiturates. I will likely have to up my dose and I'll update this report as I do that.
Submitted by Sir Kibs
- Cognitive euphoria: "There was a welcoming albeit very mild euphoria."
- Empathy, love, and sociability enhancement: "I actually felt very sociable and had the strong desire to talk with people."
- Increased music appreciation: "Music sounded amazing"
- Immersion enhancement: "I was very into the music I was listening to."
- Rejuvenation: "I went to bed at around 0056 and fell asleep very quickly and woke up very refreshed"