Experience:50mg Pregabalin - Surprisingly strong
This article requires proofreading.
As such, it may contain incorrect grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
- Date: 1/29/2017
- Gender: Male
- Weight: 130lbs
- Age: 17
- Etc: Also consumed 0.4mg of tamsulosin, which likely had no effect on the subjective effects of the pregabalin
- WARNING: Pregabalin (Lyrica) can have severe adverse effects in many individuals, including peripheral edema. DO NOT use this drug at high doses without knowing how you respond to it.
Background: I just started Lyrica for Restless Legs Syndrome and have been trying 50mg for the past few days to ensure there are no serious side effects.
Report: At around 2200 Eastern Standard Time I consumed 50mg of Lyrica and about ten minutes later I decided to take a bubble bath. As I waited for the bathtub to fill with water, I listened to some calming music. Maybe ten minutes or so after I got in the bath (at around 2234) I started feeling some effects from the Lyrica. It was hard to characterize, but I felt extremely calm and peaceful, much like a bar of alprazolam without the disinhibition and "out of it" feeling. It was actually rather pleasant. It had no effect on the restless legs, and I was told by my doctor it would take about a week or so to have any effect on it.
I actually felt very sociable and had the strong desire to talk with people. I felt a tad sleepy but it was not overwhelming. All of this felt rather natural, unlike benzodiazepines which have a more forced sedation and have more kick. There was a welcoming albeit very mild euphoria. The calming effect got more and more powerful. Music sounded amazing and I was very into the music I was listening to. I went to bed at around 0056 and fell asleep very quickly and woke up very refreshed.
Conclusion: 50mg of pregabalin (currently only sold under the brand name Lyrica by Pfizer) was much stronger and nicer than I expected. I can definitely see why some psychiatrists prescribe it for anxiety, it was extremely calming without the general head-space of benzodiazepines or barbiturates. I will likely have to up my dose and I'll update this report as I do that.
- Cognitive euphoria: "There was a welcoming albeit very mild euphoria."
- Empathy, love, and sociability enhancement: "I actually felt very sociable and had the strong desire to talk with people."
- Increased music appreciation: "Music sounded amazing"
- Immersion enhancement: "I was very into the music I was listening to."
- Rejuvenation: "I went to bed at around 0056 and fell asleep very quickly and woke up very refreshed"