Kratom resin/extraction tek
|Kratom resin/extraction tek|
|Common names||Mitragyna speciosa, กระท่อม (Thai), ketum, kratom or kratum|
|Chemical class||Mitragynine / Indole alkaloids|
|Routes of Administration|
This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
- 100 grams of powdered kratom leaf (strain or blend of choosing). If dried whole leaf, then blend.
- 3 litres of water (tap will suffice)
- Kettle (not essential, but helps)
- 1-2 lemons/limes (for juice)
- Two medium wide-base pans
- Muslin/cheese cloth (a t-shirt will work, but is not the best option)
- Vinegar (the higher acid content the better) ~5% will do.
- Wide-base pyrex (or ovenproof) dish
- Cooking parchment is helpful.
- Scraping tool (a knife, etc.)
- Freezer proof tupperware/pot
The alkaloids in kratom (the goodies you are extracting) are broken down at around 105 degrees Celsius, so your kratom mixture should never reach these temperatures. This will take a while in the kitchen/on the hob so one should be thoughtful to others who require the cooker for food prep, etc. Never leave a stove/cooker on without being there to check it. Finally, this tek uses only food safe materials so the extract is edible safe.
N.B. This method can be repeated on the washed kratom powder (the remains NOT filtered from the liquid in the final steps). However, despite the yield being reduced if already washed there it is recommended to attempt to re-wash it.
- Add kratom powder to just enough water to cover it. The mixture should be a thick liquid/mud with not too much water. One should mix this well. Add the juice of half a lime/lemon and/or a few dashes of vinegar and leave overnight.
- Add this mixture to a freezer in the freezer proof tub until frozen solid.
- Remove frozen kratom and add to pan. Add 1 litre boiling water.
- Add juice of half lemon/lime. Simmer for 1 - 2 hours, evaporating some water (about a quarter).
- Wait to cool and strain; keep both the water and the wet powder that didn't pass the filter.
- Add the strained water to your second pan and keep simmering. Evaporate more water off.
- Add the kratom powder you collected when straining into the first pan. Add 1 litre boiling water and the juice from the second half of the lime/lemon. Simmer until half the water is gone.
- Add several dashes of vinegar to the pan with the water + powder (remember which one).
- Filter the water + powder for the last time (keep the kratom powder collected by the filtering for more washes or throw out).
- Add all the filtered water (very dark in color) to one pan and simmer until it becomes thicker than water.
- Pour thick alkaloid saturated water into the oven dish (the wider the better for evaporation) then into the oven. The solution should be no more than 3 cm deep (otherwise evaporation will take ages).
- Set the oven to fan and around 70 - 100 degrees Celsius (depending how much you trust the internal thermometer of the oven). Remember, if the mixture/solutions reach a temperature higher than 100 degrees Celsius then there is a high risk of alkaloid loss. Keep the oven door ajar to encourage evaporation. Check every 30 minutes (mine took around 4 hours, but I have an awful oven).
- Use a knife/scraper to scrape the resin onto the cooking parchment (baking paper will do) for each of storage. The resin is pretty oily and sticky-icky so the parchment paper stops it sticking to everything.
- The resin is great for storage and for reducing the physical volume of your dose.
- Weighing the resin can tell you how strong your resin is: original kratom weight divided by resin/extract weight = the extract strength.
For example, from my latest batch using half measures of everything (see pics): 50g powdered kratom divided by 15g resin = 50/15 = 3.3. So, one gram of resin is the equivalent of 3.3 grams of dried powdered kratom! So we can say we have a 3x kratom resin extract.
- Add the resin to a pot of hot water to create tea (you may want to mask the taste using honey, teas, vanilla, or within peanut butter, etc).
- The resin can be put into gel caps and swallowed.
- The resin can also be dried further and ground into an enhanced powder (however, sometimes the extracts are very oily and take a while to dry).
- Kratom cannot be smoked, nor can the resin.
- If properly prepared, the onset is ~50 - 120 minutes and lasts ~5 - 7 hours (gel caps take longer to dissolve).
Note: If more powdered kratom is used then the measurements should be increased accordingly, although this tek will be quite forgiving (to the same ratio, i.e., if 200g powdered kratom is used then 6 litres of water is needed).