DPT freebase conversion tek
This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
|DPT freebase conversion tek|
|Common names||DPT, Dipropyltryptamine, The Light|
|Routes of Administration|
DPT (also known as N,N-Dipropyltryptamine or simply Dipropyltryptamine) often comes in the form of the hydrochloride (HCl) salt that is known to be unable to be smoked or vaporized effectively. Attempting to do so will result in a waste of product, and is commonly reported as being highly unpleasant to experience.
This is a guide designed to lay out the procedure to convert DPT HCl into DPT freebase (i.e. "freebasing") so that it can be infused onto a herbal carrier medium.
This conversion-infusion allows it to be smoked (in a manner similar to infused leaf, or changa without the MAOI). It should be noted that this is often considered to be the most convenient form for easily administering and experiencing the full spectrum of effects of DPT while avoiding the unpleasantness and nasal congestion associated with insufflation or the inconvenience and health risks associated with intramuscular or intravenous injection (for those who wish to inject DPT, please see the safer injection guide)
For more information on the psychoactive effects of DPT, please see its subjective effect profile.
- 1 gram DPT HCl - This is the most common form DPT is distributed in, as the freebase form has the consistency of a semi-oily, waxy substance.
- Distilled water
- Herbal medium/mix - This can be any herb or herbal mixture in which the DPT freebase can be evaporated onto so that it can be smoked, such as peppermint leaf.
- Sodium hydroxide (Lye)
- VM&P Naphtha
- pH paper
- Glass turkey baster or glass dropper
- Narrow glass container (with a lid or cap)
Note: For safety reasons, if you are not familiar with working with sodium hydroxide you could use sodium carbonate created from heating baking soda in the oven at 250° F or 121° C for 50 minutes.
- Take 1 gram of DPT HCl and dissolve it into 40mL of distilled water in a narrow glass container (may require some stirring and/or light heating to get the solvent to fully dissolve).
- Make up some extremely diluted lye water
- Slowly add the lye water drop by drop into the glass containing the DPT solution until you hit the correct pH (higher than 7, ideally 8-12) using pH paper.
- After it has been "based", pull with VM&P Naphtha by adding 25 ml to the glass container that should now hold ~50 ml of water.
- Roll the container and swirl it gently so that the DPT base migrates into the solvent.
- Let it sit for at least one hour. The naphtha with the DPT base will float to the top of the water.
- Decant (i.e. carefully skim) the separated top layer off with a glass turkey baster or glass dropper.
- Evaporate the solvent onto your smoking mixture. Give it ample time until it is fully dried before proceeding to consume.