This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
|Common names||MDMA, Molly, Mandy, Emma, MD, Ecstasy, E, X, XTC, Rolls, Beans|
|Psychoactive class||Stimulant / Entactogen|
|Chemical class||Amphetamine / MDxx|
|Routes of Administration|
This synth requires a basic understanding of Organic Chemistry (Instructions include How-To use the lab equipment required) and access to a few somewhat difficult to obtain materials. This synth makes 15g of pure MDMA Crystals.
- 24/40 500mL Round Bottom Flask, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 1000mL Round Bottom Flask, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 250mL Round Bottom Flask, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 Condenser, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 Distillation Adapter, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 Vacuum Adapter, Ground Glass Joints
- 24/40 Thermometer Adapter, Ground Glass Joints
- 0-300C Laboratory Thermometer
- 24/40 3-Way Adapter
- 3 Ten Inch Chemistry Stands
- Digital Hotplate/Magnetic Stirrer
- Teflon Coated Magnetic Stir Bar
- Glass Water Aspirator
- Boiling Stones
- 10 ft Vaccum Tubing
- Pyrex 100ml Beaker
- 10 Quart Mason Jars
- Three Beam Analytical Balance
- Ph Pen
- Sharp Knife
- 1qt Steel Pot
- Separatory Funnel
- Turkey Baster
- 3 Extention Clamps
- Clamp Fastener
- Dry Pan
Chemicals and Reagants
Buy more than listed, that way mistakes can be easily fixed!
Some measurements listed here are slightly overshot for this very reason
- Tide Detergent
- Lots of Water (Boiled)
- Lots of Sassafras Root Bark(See Preparation)
- 350ml Dimethylformamide
- 120g p-Benzoquinone
- 2g Palladium Chloride
- 5oom Methylene Chloride
- 1g HgCl2 Salt
- 5l Everclear
- 10ml Magnesium Sulphate
- 31.45% Muriatic Acid HCL
- 100% NaOH
- 500g Ammonium Chloride
- 500g Paraformaldehyde
- Peanut Oil
- 500ml Xylene
- First off, make sure your lab has access to running water for the aspirator to make use of, water runs through it to create a vacuum inside of the distillation apparatus.
- Start by arranging your stands beside one another, then Place your clamps at a decent height, enough for an oil bath to fit under your flask.
- Clamp your 500ml Round Bottom Flask to the left stand around the neck of the Flask.
- Grease the tops of the joints of the Flask and the 3-way adapter and connect. then twist.
How to grease joints: Media:DistillGrease.jpeg
Diagram of 3-way adapter being connected: Media:3WayAdapterDistill.jpeg
- Grease the connections between the adaptor and the Condenser, then connect and twist. Secure condenser with clamp and stand.
Diagram of the condenser being connected: Media:CondencerDistill.jpeg
- Grease and connect the Vaccum adapter, then the 250ml Round Bottom Flask.
- Ensure everything is tight and add clamps to ensure nothing moves.
What your setup should look like: Media:VaccumDistill.jpeg
- Now you know how to put the Pieces together, you will need to occasionally add and remove or swap parts out, this will be explained further as we go along.
- The reason the Ax and shovel are listed is so that you can dig and cut your own segments of sassafrass root. This synth requires a good deal of sassafrass root, so start by collecting a lot of roots and then skin the bark with the sharp knife.
- Place the shredded bark into mason jars and save it for later
- Before starting I recommend cleaning everything with Tide detergent and warm water, making sure you have PLENTY of time to complete. A weekend should be ideal.
Extraction of Sassafrass Oil
- Start by placing all of your shredded bark into a colander over a quart steel pot, run water over the bark sifting it to wash it, then let it sit and dry completely. DRYING CAN TAKE WEEKS
- Empty and clean the 1 qt pot, place the shredded bark inside and fill with water just above the bark. Cook at 25C for 6+ hours.
This step is a little, well, cheap but It's a lot easier than some other more advanced methods so I feel it would be best suited for this Synth as it's oriented towards people that have never touched so much as a flask in their lives.
Distillation for MethylAmine.HCl
- As always, clean all equipment and make sure you have plenty of time available
- Set up your Distilling Apparatus WITHOUT the Vacuum Aspirator, This is just a simple distillation, if you need help I recommend reading "The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual" By Zubrick, It's listed as the third reference on this page.