This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
|Molecular structure of psilocybin.|
|Common names||Psilocybin, Psilocybin mushrooms, Magic Mushrooms, Shrooms, 4-PO-DMT|
|Routes of Administration|
As psilocybin mushrooms are capable of being harvested in nature, there is a major risk in misidentifying mushroom species and accidentally consuming poisonous, if not lethal varieties. This can be avoided by educating oneself in advance on how to properly identify the correct species of mushroom and the potential look-alike mushrooms found within one's local area. It is recommended to not learn to do this by oneself, but instead, have someone experienced in mushroom-picking as a mentor.
- Dose of psilocybin mushrooms
- 250ml tap water
- One tea bag of any kind of tea (not only limited to tea, e.g., peppermint works pretty well)
- Sweetener (sugar, honey, etc)
- One small pan or a microwave
- One glass
- The chosen tea of the tea bag should be brewed as usual or by following the producer's instructions.
- The sweetener should be added to the tea.
- The mushrooms must be minced and placed into the void glass of water.
- One or two minutes after the tea stops boiling, it should be poured over the minced mushrooms into the glass.
- The person should wait for five to ten minutes and then enjoy their tea. The onset is faster than simply eating the mushrooms.
When using Psilocybe cubensis for oral consumption but is generally considered to be:
- Threshold: 0.25 grams
- Light: 0.25 - 1.5 grams
- Common: 1.5 - 3 grams
- Strong: 3 - 5 grams
- Heavy: 5 grams +
It should be noted that other species of mushroom can have significantly different dosages.
Mushroom tea can be brewed without the addition of tea and sweetener, or added to other food recipes, particularly for the purposes of masking the mushrooms' flavor. For example, the liquid can be added to soup, or included in a gelatin-based dessert.