Psilocybin mushroom lemon tek
This article requires proofreading.
As such, it may contain incorrect grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
The Psilocybin in magic mushrooms is a prodrug to psilocin, the psychoactive compound that causes the effects. Once the mushrooms reach the stomach, this conversion process begins. This is why psilocybin mushrooms often take an hour or so to kick in. The lemon tek theory suggests the acid in the lemon juice jump starts the conversion of psilocybin into psilocin. This is incorrect because the conversion process from psilocybin into psilocin is done by an enzyme called Alkaline Phosphatase. This enzyme is produced in vivo  - and particularly concentrated in the liver, bile duct, and kidneys . This conversion process is called dephosphorylation, and can not be done with a lemon .
There is no science to support the lemon tek theory, and the reported subjective benefits may be due to the placebo effect. Despite the lack of concrete evidence which demonstrates the effectiveness of this method, proponents of the tek will recommended that you start at half your regular dose of mushrooms when using this method due to the faster come up and increased potency.
- Psilocybin Mushrooms
- Small Glass
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Grind your mushrooms or truffles into a very fine powder
- Place this powder into the glass
- Fill the glass with just enough lemon juice to cover the powder
- Leave for 20 minutes, and stir every 5. Do not leave for longer than 20 minutes
- Fill the glass with some water, swirl, making sure to get all bits of the mushroom, and drink
- Zamnesia Lemon Tek Recipe - https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-the-lemon-tek-for-a-faster-trip-n232
- The enzymic dephosphorylation and oxidation of psilocybin and pscilocin by mammalian tissue homogenates - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006295261901241
- Hallucinogenic mushrooms drug profile - http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/drug-profiles/mushrooms