Experience: 20 mg Ketobemidone (Oral) - An Interesting but Underwhelming Compound
- Date: 2021-06-09
- Age: 17
- Sex: Male
- Height: 193 cm or 6'3
- Weight: 73.8 kg or 162.7 lbs
- I take 30 mg of mirtazapine in the evening for anxiety and depression.
- I also take 25 mg of propiomazine in the evening for insomnia.
- And I am in the process of tapering 300 mg quetiapine, for anxiety and insomnia. I was at 250 mg at the time of this experience.
- I also consumed some supplements as well as 5 mg of desloratadine like I do daily to ease the symptoms of my cat allergy.
- I also inhale 320 µg of budenoside and 9 µg of formoterol once in the morning and once in the evening for asthma.
- The day before this I had taken a total of 80 mg of amphetamine, 1 mg of alprazolam, 15 mg of CBD, and 100 mg of tapentadol. And the day before that I ingested 60 mg of oxycodone, 75 mg of promethazine, 2.5 mg of alprazolam, and 100 mg of tapentadol.
- Experience Level: This was my first time trying ketobemidone, and it was my first time trying an opioid of the piperidine class. I have, however, experimented quite a bit with opioids in the past year, and had quite a hefty tolerance at the time of this experience, which likely diminished the desired effects.
- Set & setting: My intention with ingesting this substance was to experience the alleged superior euphoria that it provides, while also documenting the effects in order to write an experience report, since very few exist online. I had the whole day off. This was the day before the final day of school before the summer break officially started. Because of this I was already in an above average mood. The experience took place primarily in my room, on my chair, in front of the computer.
T+00:00 - Ingested 5 mg of ketobemidone at precisely 11:00. Tasted it before swallowing it. It did not taste too bad, very mild. I have the whole day off and can relax at home.
T+00:15 - No noticeable effects so far. I'm just fooling around on the computer. Actually, I might be getting slight itchiness.
T+00:20 - Feeling some tingling.
T+00:40 - No significant effects yet so I will dose another 5 mg.
T+00:45 - Slight respiratory depression and slight itching.
T+00:47 - Experiencing some minor euphoria and relaxation. So far no noteworthy pupil constriction, but I am expecting that to happen sooner or later. It is also worth mentioning that I have recently been experiencing some moderate back pain, so I will be noting the analgesic effects of this compound as well.
T+00:50 - I have now urinated without any difficulties.
T+01:00 - No real difference in effects at this point.
T+01:10 - I have now redosed another 5 mg. I was led to believe that ketobemidone is one of the best (most euphoric) opioids out there, so currently I am unfortunately underwhelmed. I should note, however, that I have been using oxycodone and tapentadol recently. Tapentadol has completely lost its recreational value for me, and it's almost to the point where oxycodone isn't euphoric anymore either. One of my most euphoric drug experiences was when I took 40 mg of OxyNorm. It was pure and utter bliss. I could barely walk, that's how hard it hit me. When I use oxycodone nowadays, I sadly only get some minor opioid warmth and pain relief, so this could be the reason for these results.
T+01:20 - My back doesn't hurt anymore but I still have some tension in my neck.
T+01:30 - Currently listening to some music. Some opioid warmth has arrived now. I am tempted to redose again, which I shall shortly. Since the compound is rare and expensive, the next time I use it I will ingest the whole dose simultaneously as to hopefully maximize the euphoric effects. I may also pick a different route of administration with a higher bioavailablity.
T+01:50 - I urinated without any difficulties. And there is still no pupil constriction.
T+02:00 - Moderate itching, on my legs and face.
T+02:10 - I'm mostly just itching, but I guess I feel content. I would not call this eupohoria though. As far as I can tell I am still coherent and not out of it. Also, now the pupil constriction came. They're not quite pinpoint pupils but they're getting there.
T+02:20 - I'm redosing another 5 mg now. I can feel some mild physical euphoria. Probably a little more than what I'm getting from oxycodone.
T+02:35 - I am now feeling quite mellow and sedated.
T+02:50 - I'm just chilling for now. I regret to say that I am disappointed. I will save 25 to 30 mg for another time when I either have a lower opioid tolerance or will be potentiating it with alprazolam or some other depressant.
T+02:55 - I'm feeling relaxed and calm, a bit tired and sedated too. So while this hasn't been a negative expericne, it wasn't what I expected. I still do not have pinpoint pupils.
T+03:05 - I think I am experiencing some weak cognitive disconnection. My head feels funny.
T+03:30 - I am now working on formatting this experience report. Still itching a little. When I looked in the bathroom mirror, my pupils could be considered pinpoint pupils, but this was in a bright environment. My room is less luminous so they're a slightly more dilated in here. And I felt some kind of resistance when urinating now, but it wasn't as severe as what I usually get from oxycodone.
T+04:00 - Yeah, I'm mostly just relaxed. I'm blasting some $uicideboy$ on my AirPods.
T+04:54 - I'd say the experience is over now. Experience reports on Erowid indicate that ketobemidone can be potentiated by insufflating oxycodone or vaporizing cannabinoids.
T+05:10 - My pupils remain constricted. I will now ingest 0.5 mg alprazolam sublingually.
T+06:20 - Pupil constriction has ended.
Submitted by IJUSTPOPPEDAXAN
- Anxiety suppression - "I'm feeling relaxed and calm..."
- Cognitive disconnection - "I think I am experiencing some weak cognitive disconnection. My head feels funny."
- Difficulty urinating - "And I felt some kind of resistance when urinating now, but it wasn't as severe as what I usually get from oxycodone."
- Irritability - This isn't explicitly mentioned in the report, but I noticed I had a shorter fuse.
- Itchiness - "Moderate itching, on my legs and face."
- Pain relief - "My back doesn't hurt anymore..."
- Physical euphoria - "I can feel some mild physical euphoria. Probably a little more than what I'm getting from oxycodone."
- Pupil constriction - "When I looked in the bathroom mirror, my pupils could be considered pinpoint pupils, but this was in a bright environment. My room is less luminous so they're a slightly more dilated in here."
- Respiratory depression - "Slight respiratory depression..."
- Sedation - "I am now feeling quite mellow and sedated."