Experience:40 mg 4-HO-MPT - Underwhelming Experience
- Date: August 5 2017
- Gender: Male
- Weight: 165 lbs
- Age: 25
- Background: This tryptamine was recently made available, and seemed somewhat mysterious, so I decided I would give it a go. I couldn't call it a positive experience, but here's what happened.
I weigh out 40mg of 4-HO-MPT, and stuff it into a gel capsule. I haven't eaten in 12 hours, specifically to avoid nausea.
- Start - Nothing to do with the experience, but I notice some of it landed on my thumb, and I decide to taste it. It was one of the worst tasting substances I've come across.
- 15 min - Mild nausea sets in. Also, my jaw feels pretty numb.
- 30 min - Nausea has been elevated to moderate, and I'm having difficulty hearing anything.
- 1 hour - I am experiencing severe nausea, and it's impossible to make out what anyone is saying in this movie I'm watching, due to the auditory hallucinations. I now see the pattern repetition, but also, I taste blood. I check several times, but I'm not bleeding. Slight drifting.
- 2 hours - The only development in the last hour is that my head is numb, and my mouth is burning. Still nauseous.
- 3 hours - No changes, and by this time if anything interesting were to happen, I'd know.
- 4 hour, 30 min I'm starving, and my nausea has dissipated. I reheat some Chinese food, and when I eat it, it tastes like dirt.
- 6 hours Nothing at all seems to happening now. I feel disappointed in the substance, but at least now I won't have to wonder about it anymore.
I saw several people on forums have similarly disappointing experiences, but I just wanted to be sure. I think there are only 2 explanations as to why this trip played out like it did:
A) The dosing information is wildly inaccurate, and should be much higher. This would make it impractical to research 4-HO-MPT through oral administration, but I doubt this is the reason, considering the levels of nausea I reached with just 40mg.
B) This is just the 4-HO-MPT experience, which unfortunately seems to be the case. Either way, I can't in good faith recommend this substance.
- Gustatory hallucination Not in any pleasant sense, but the strongest I've experienced.
- Symmetrical texture repetition - This was the only way I could even be sure this was a psychedelic.
- Drifting - Not very pronounced, but certainly present.
- Nausea - The worst I've had in a while, I would say it was the defining feature of the experience.
- Auditory suppression - It was like my ears were full of water, nearly impossible to understand voices.