Experience:0.75g MDMA - Possibly some MDA through metabolisation?
Before I begin telling this story, I'd like to note that this is a work of pure, speculative fiction. All events listed below are the result of the author's overactive imagination.
Between my friend and I we usually take somewhere approximately 1/1.5g. This never fails to get me to a visual psychedelic headspace, however I'm becoming increasingly convinced that it's either just my weight (I'm about 60 kg / 132 lbs) - or I metabolize the original chemical to MDA somewhere along the line. It could also be a mixed visual effect due to MDMA and THC(weed). It should be noted that my companion hardly ever notes any visual effect except CEVs and enhanced patten recognition.
Anyway; on with the trip report:
0.75g was divided into four approximately 187.5 mg caps each, we then dropped our first caps, one each, and went for a walk. We smoked a joint and discussed what to do later with our time, as time wore on approximately an hour passes and we were both just on the brink of ‘coming up.' At this point, it is usually a good idea to take the next cap. So we both do.
Roughly half an hour passes as we smoke another joint. Very little visual effect to note yet, just the amphetamine rush and the usual fast-paced conversation going nowhere. Both of us are waiting for the experience to calm and mature a little yet. Hence the weed.
The experience has now changed from a rushed frenzy of aimlessly chatting about anything to a deeper feeling of understanding and contentment. This stage is normally the precursor to the psychedelic MDMA experience. We walked around the town for another two hours, discussing the intricacies of the world in all its pointless detail, we have arrived at a favorite bench by this point, and it’s definitely time for another joint, as we smoke this joint, I can feel that I've finally arrived at the point I'd set out to find, my pattern recognition is going flat out on any surface I look at, the more textured and intricate, the more potential for OEVs and the disconnected ability to somewhat steer this process. (See below.)
I’m looking upon a mossy tree now. Faces jump out everywhere, then logos, signs, badges and other such imagery, all of it tellingly slightly above the object (tree) itself. This seems to be repeatable and replaceable, each and every time I do this, I gain a seemingly better understanding of how this process works, at least subjectively; the pattern recognition based OEVs seem to work like this for me:
1) You look at a symmetrically textured or intricate surface such as a tree, brick wall, or asphalt to name but a few examples.
2) Now your patten recognition seems to be greatly enhanced to the point where you can actually see the almost shapes clearer than you could normally see an actual shape. They seem outlined with almost opaque lines, which are perfectly lined up to the original image, so as to highlight the image you saw/sensed within the chaos.
3) The really interesting or at least bizarre part now, is that the image seems to be superimposed on the object, but not actually ‘in’ the surface of the object, but floating a short distance from it, hanging in the air. This is strange, as when you look dead on the object from the angle you first started looking at it from, the fact that the superimpositions are floating does not affect the subjective effect, seemingly there isn’t any ‘depth’ to the superimposition. The oddness really seems to come into play when you move relative to the object while keeping it in your visual field, then you can see the superimposition hovering in front of the object.
A few remarks about the above: *
-Looking away from the object (completely) at any point, then looking back resets the phenomenon temporarily, however, when you look back the whole process begins to take place again.
-It would appear that while this process can happen if you let your mind run free with the visual stimulus, however, the more you expect it and attempt to steer it, the faster you can get at ‘enabling’ the superimposed layer on familiar objects, even between trips.
I have a couple theories about what this phenomenon could be about, however, this whole thing seems very tenuous as I am the only one I know of so far with this experience, therefore I can’t even be sure it’s not just a totally subjective effect, I do have my suspicions.
We’ve been sitting at this bench for a few hours now, about half way though being here, we drop our third caps, even though it feels more like 15 minutes we’ve been here for, it’s time to leave. We set off on the long walk back home, smoking cigarettes and discussing the odd phenomenon above, among other visual psychedelic effects we’re both experiencing.
We’re almost home, and the symmetrical texture repetition on the tarmac is really intriguing me, the psychedelic experience only started maximum two hours ago, so this is reaching its visual peak. We are home. We go and sit down for a while on a sofa gazing at the many textured and detailed pattens around this house, smoking a few joints now and again really seems to keep the experience from tailing off or coming in waves.
It’s 5AM. We’re both starting to feel the edges of the comedown on its way. Time for the last caps. We drop these and smoke some more weed. This is when things get decidedly more visual again. I look at a tree, far off in the garden, with the early morning light not even here yet, it’s lit by a street lamp in a faint yellow glow. As the branches sway with the breeze I begin to notice pattens in the branches, the branches begin to mark out a larger area than they actually cover, forming impossibly detailed shapes, and at one point the tree is more like a movie, panning across mountains and slopes, this movie phenomenon seems to be caused by the moving of the tree synchronizing with the patten detection to make a coherent moving image from shape to shape almost frame by frame in technical parlance.
This last cap is really affecting me now, as I look for objects around this room the euphoria and visual effects are somewhat overwhelming, and I end up rolling another joint, and declaring it a night, as we smoke the last of our weed the trip seems to be 3/4 over, time for bed.
I finally get off the computer having been looking for more textures etc online, and note that this room is covered in green overlaid pinstripes. I sleep, finally.
This trip was one of the shortest with this compound, however, we’d usually start earlier in the evening.
The visuals seemed consistent with most of my other experiences with this compound, and familiar to most phenethylamine visuals.
Submitted by - Anonymous reader
- Stimulation - "the usual fast-paced conversation"
- Empathy, love, and sociability enhancement - "The experience has now changed from a rushed frenzy of aimlessly chatting about anything to a deeper feeling of understanding and contentment."
- Pattern recognition enhancement - "my pattern recognition is going flat out on any surface I look at, the more textured and intricate, the more potential for OEVs" "patten recognition seems to be greatly enhanced to the point where you can actually see the almost shapes clearer than you could normally see an actual shape."
- Geometry - "this room is covered in green overlaid pinstripes"