Vaporizing material with aluminium foil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
- Cut a 4:3 rectangle of foil.
- Score in half horizontally.
- Bend sheet into a U shape.
- Line up an arbitrary volume at one end rather than forming a pile, so it heats evenly.
- Place the lighter on a low setting and stick a fairly wide straw in your mouth. In this instance, I wrapped foil around a scalpel handle (about an inch in diameter) then taped it into a cylinder. Keep the flame and tube in the same position while moving the foil at a 45 degree angle as the material melts and vaporises.
- keep the tube close to the trailing end of the material as to avoid losing the vapour
Also, it is a good idea to burn both sides of the foil before use in case they are covered with any residue during production