Tincture of extracted LSA
This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
|Tincture of extracted LSA|
|Molecular structure of LSA|
|Common names||LSA, Ergine|
|Substitutive name||d-Lysergic acid amide / d-Lysergamide|
|Routes of Administration|
This tutorial is designed to lay out the procedure for preparing an LSA tincture (i.e. alcohol-based solution) after performing a basic extraction. The end result should be a liquid that can be consumed to produce psychedelic effects while minimizing the nausea and "body load" associated with eating the seeds whole.
- 300-500 seeds of untreated morning glory or 5-8 Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds per dose
- 500 mL of naphtha (lighter fluid)
- 60 mL of purest ethanol available (preferably 80%+ grain alcohols, like Everclear)
- 2 glass mason jars
- Coffee grinder or food processor or mortar and pestle (to grind seeds with)
- Coffee filters
- Pulverize and grind seeds to the powder. Espresso grinders are ideal, but coffee grinders work fine as long as you work with them, shaking it and pulsing it in 5-second intervals until a fine powder is obtained. Aim for the consistency of flour, but it does not have to be entirely uniform.
- Place the seed powder into a glass mason jar and cover with naphtha. It is better to go over than under here; one mL per seed seems to be the basic rule, although a little extra naphtha cannot hurt as it will be evaporated anyways.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake it profusely. Let sit for 15-20 minutes, thoroughly shaking it every 5 minutes.
- Shake the jar once more, then filter contents by pouring through a paper coffee filter into a second mason jar.
- Save the filter paper with seed powder on it. If you prefer, save the filtered naphtha. You can get reuse this over and over until it is too dirty to continue. Remember to store it safely (this is a petrochemical that is highly toxic and flammable, so keep it stored and labeled.)
- Let the filter with the seed powder dry thoroughly. This could take several days or hours varying on how much is being extracted at the time, and whether HBWR or morning glory seeds are used. Large batches can take weeks to dry so patience is advised.
- In the meantime, clean the leftover jar very thoroughly, making sure to clean the lid as well.
- Once the seed powder has dried to crumbly powder consistency, transfer this to the jar that was just cleaned.
- Add 2-3 ounces of alcohol per 500 seeds, or 1ml every ten seeds. Let this sit for three days, while shaking it in the meantime.
- Filter the resulting substance. Discard the seed powder on the filter. Keep the alcoholic liquid for use.
The remaining liquid is what is known as a tincture. 30-60 mL or 1-2 ounces is typically sufficient for a moderate to strong LSA experience. It is advised to start low and experiment with the dose until you find the level you are most comfortable with.