Jump to navigation Jump to search
- == Added section of synthesis ==
- Reaction scheme:
- * Bulleted list item
- 1. Solution IPA/H2O 2:1 (18 liters) was added to the reactor.
- 2. NaBH4 (1739 g) was added at once and stirring was started.
- 3. P2NP (1000 g) was added in small portions, so that the temperature of the mixture did not exceed 60 *С.
- 4. CuCl2 (105 g) in water (200 ml) was added slow dropwise, so that the temperature of the mixture did not exceed 80 *С.
- 5. Thereafter, reaction was then held at 80 °C for 30 minutes using external heating.
- 6. 25% water solution of NaOH (8 liters) was added to reaction mixture and the phases were separated.
- 7. The aqueous phase was there after extracted with 8 liters of IPA.
- 8. IPA was evaporated on vacuum to an oil.
- 9. The oil was dissolved in two liters of acetone.
- 10. Sulfuric acid (or orthophosphoric acid) dripped to pH - 6 (with constant stirring).
- 11. The mixture was put in the freezer for 12 hours.
- 12. After crystallisation the suspension was filtered and washed with dry cold acetone to yield 60-70%.