Emotion enhancement can be described as an effect which greatly amplifies and enhances one's current emotional state beyond normal levels.
Unlike many other subjective effects such as euphoria or anxiety this effect does not consistently induce specific emotions regardless of a person's current state of mind and mental stability. Instead, it works by amplifying and enhancing the genuine emotions that a person is already feeling prior to ingesting the drug. This causes the effects to be equally capable of manifesting in both a positive and negative direction.
For example, an individual who is currently feeling somewhat anxious or emotionally unstable may become overwhelmed with intensified negative emotions, paranoia, and confusion. In contrast, an individual who is generally feeling positive and emotionally stable is more likely to find themselves overwhelmed with states of emotional euphoria, happiness, and feelings of general contentment.
Emotion enhancement is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as analysis enhancement, disinhibition, and novelty enhancement. It is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, it can also occur under the influence of cannabinoids, GABAergic depressants, dissociatives, and stimulants.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 1 tab 1P-LSD (oral) - Finding myself within the forest
- Experience: 15mg 2C-B (oral) - A pleasant low-dose evening with Nexus
- Experience: 6mg:DOC - Carpet shop hell
- Experience:1 hit LSD (unknown dosage) - Choose Asia
- Experience:120mg - Garden of The Gods
- Experience:120µg LSD - First Bad Acid Trip, Psychosis
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:1g of stars and love
- Experience:1mg 25c-NBOMe - Experiment in my room
- Experience:2 x 150 LSD tabs
- Experience:2.5g - Swim's first mushroom trip
- Experience:2.5g Peganum Harmala + 250µg LSD - Ecstasy of Love and Misanthropy
- Experience:2.5g Syrian rue + 6g Mimosa Hostilis - Becoming God (my second experience with unity)
- Experience:20mg (insufflated) - I was overcome with feelings about my family
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:20mg - Relationship problems
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:25mg DMT - Your wall can't save you
- Experience:2mg 25C-NBOMe - Experimental trip to test personal limits of NBOMes
- Experience:3 Grams of Mushrooms - Reset on my Life, Experiencing Satori and the Cosmic Perspective
- Experience:3.5g psilocybe cubensis - Relinquishing of Material Chains/Fear and Desolation
- Experience:300µg - Don't worry, because you're everyone!
- Experience:300µg - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:337mg DMT fumurate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:60mg 4-AcO-DMT Nonstop Quasi-Orgasmic Objectless Euphoria
- Experience:70 mg - Overcoming personal problems
- Experience:Into the Multiverse
- Experience:Mushrooms and Snuff Films -- Trip Report (3.5 grams)
- Experience:The Psilohuasca Albino Fox
- Experience:Unknown dosage - My experiences with LSD and anorexia/bulemia
- Experience:Unknown dose - Supermarket dislocation and biking
- Responsible use
- Subjective effects index
- Emotionality suppression
- Psychedelics - Subjective effects
- Dissociatives - Subjective effects
- Deliriants - Subjective effects