Diethyl Ether ((C2H5)2O) is a highly flammable solvent with anesthetic and dissociative effects when inhaled. It was synthesized first in the late 1200's and has been used recreationally among Polish peasants since the late 19th century. More
recently, it gained popularity in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" which depicted Hunter S. Thompson experiencing the strange fiendishness of Diethyl Ether's intoxicating properties, sometimes called "Ethermania". Liquid Diethyl Ether can be obtained in pure form which greatly reduces negative effects.
Most negative effects result from impure diethyl ether being extracted from lighter fluid or other sources. The harmfulness and experiences related to these other unknown chemicals cannot distinguished from brain damage occurring. Avoid these awful effects by only obtaining pure chemical grade 99%+ pure Diethyl Ether.
Also note that most pure Diethyl Ether contains some amount of BHT as a stabilizer to prevent explosions and fires. BHT's effects when inhaled are unclear as it is a FDA approved food additive but there is conflicting research on the substance.
As Diethyl Ether is huffed continuously by its users, the effects are felt immediately
|After-effects||2-48 hours (dose-dependent)|
- Euphoria, mood lift, energy boost
- Sense of calm and serenity
- Faster and more free flow of thoughts
- Decreased social anxiety with others on the drug
- Distortion or loss of sensory perceptions (common)
- Dissociation of mind from body
- Analgesia, numbness
- Significant change in perception of time
- Increase in heart rate
- Confusion, disorientation
- Darker more sinister thoughts
- Smelling of gasoline for 24 hours
- Risk of short term dependency
- Intense desire to binge once started
- Blacking out and forgetting one has taken a drug
- Discomfort, pain or bitterness in taste and harshness
- Severe confusion, disorganised thinking
- Vertigo, spinning sensation (risk of injury)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Susceptibility to accidents (from incoordination and change in perception of body and time)
- Severe dissociation, depersonalisation
- Loss of consciousness
- Depression of heart rate and respiration (risk increases with increased dose or when combined with depressants)
- Huff only PURE diethyl ether as all self extractions contain harmful other chemicals.
- Diethyl Ether is incredibly flammable so keep it away from flames
- To avoid explosions store it in a dark colored bottle in a freezer/refrigerator.
- The lethal dose is far beyond the dose that would cause one to vomit and lose consciousness, but huff slowly taking breaks frequently.
- Don't inhale ether if you don't want to smell like gas for the following 24 hours. It seeps out of your skin and mouth.
It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.