Intranasal black tar heroin administration
This guide is provided for informational and educational purposes only. We do not encourage you to break the law and cannot claim any responsibility for your actions.
Black tar heroin often comes in a form that is initially unable to be insufflated ("snorted"). This is due to the sticky consistency of this substance. For this reason, many believe that smoking or injecting is the only valid routes of administration for this form of heroin; however, this is untrue.
For more information on the psychoactive effects of heroin, please see its subjective effect profile.
- Black tar heroin - This is the dirty, sticky, highly adulterated version of heroin that some users in the western and southern parts of the United States are familiar with. It is unable to be snorted in its processed form, which has a gooey consistency.
- Syringe and needle - The black tar heroin is dissolved in water and heated in a method equivalent to the one found used to inject and is detailed below. One commonly uses an I.V. insulin needle for snorting the solution containing the heroin.
- Clean water - Dissolve the heroin in water while being careful not to use too much as one does not want to take in too much water. The less water used, the more concentrated the solution becomes. While the concentrated solution creates a burning sensation in the nose, some prefer it for the increased potency it offers.
- Spoon/cooking utensil - This is used to dissolve the heroin into sterile, distilled water as if one was preparing to inject it.
- Filter - A micron filter is best, but people usually resort to using a cotton q-tip for a filter. Do not re-use any cotton filters as this can lead to cotton fever, which can be life-threatening.
- Nasal irrigator - This can be used about an hour after snorting to clear the sinus passages of any impurities. Reports of black impurities exiting the sinus cavities upon irrigation are common when using a cotton filter, which suggests that cotton may not be the best-suited filter.
- Place the heroin into the spoon with the sterile water.
- Apply heat until the substance dissolves.
- Using an insulin needle and 1 mL syringe barrel, suck up the heroin solution into the syringe barrel through the filter, leaving out any large physical impurities. There is usually black gunk left in the spoon, and this should not be allowed to enter the body.
- Instead of injecting this up intravenously, one can carefully place the needle in the nose and pushes down on the plunger. This is how one can insufflate black tar heroin. The solution enters the sinus cavities and absorbs rapidly.
- Once the solution has absorbed, and the desired effects are reached, a nasal irrigator should be used to clean out the sinus cavities of any impurities.
Holding the head at the right angle for absorption is important, as tilting the head back can cause the solution to run down the throat and into the stomach. Tilting the head forward can cause the solution to run out of the nose, it is best to slightly tilt the head back and pinch the nasal cavity closed after snorting to ensure that all of the solutions gets absorbed.